🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Could you share the dimensions you used for all the cutouts? Looks like a snug fit.

If you also wanna share the inserts you used and the dimension hole you used in cad for them that would be great too!

Great work!

3 Likes

Dimensions for the cutouts aren’t accurate, I imported the connectors from grabcad and used those for test prints. 0.3 offset around the outside of the connector fit very nice on my test cubes but I had to file the actual enclosure holes a little bit to get them to fit. I guess 0.35 would work fine.

The inserts are Ruthex M3 inserts but ones from aliexpress would work too, make sure you get the opposite knurled ones since they lock in very firmly. The holes are modeled 3.9mm according to the datasheet.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. Could you give me the absolute dimensions?

1 Like

For what holes specifically? XT90, MR60 or the inserts?

Lmao all of them if you don’t mind :grimacing: I kinda wanna copy you. Just got my printer working again

1 Like

Sent you the files on discord :wink:

1 Like

Man I tried using these for the first time the other day and I noticed it fucked the threads up on all my test 3. I gave up on trying to use them after that. Maybe they were just junk or the iron was too hot. You experienced anything of the sort?

Fucked up the inside threads? I pushed them in with a T12 B2 tip set to 200C.

Yeah, every one of them was misthreaded on the inside and wouldn’t take the bolt. Maybe my tip was too narrow :smirk:

1 Like

Thats garbage, are you okay?

6 Likes

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Holy crap, which resin printer is this?

7 Likes

They sure are now :star_struck:

7 Likes

Just my cheapo creality ld-002r

6 Likes

Wow. Did you sand and polish?

3 Likes

Nope just iso and paper towels, i plan to prime over it to airbrush on a galaxy type effect though, however a neat thing is that if i got the clear mix of the resin and alcohol dye i could shade it any color I want.

5 Likes

99%?

2 Likes

70% but i should get some 99 they made it illegal to sell in CA so now its a pain to get outside of Amazon. I think if i used 99 and didn’t towel it afterwards it wouldn’t get cloudy.

2 Likes

i get the quart bottles of 99% isopropyl from amazon, hilariously enough its a brand called Florida Laboratories. I have a spray nozzle on one of them lol

5 Likes

Same vibe

5 Likes