🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

-99A :flushed: had to read it twice

I feel like it should have survived that. Not a very strong axle it seems.

1 Like

I’ve got a 12s8p p42a battery on that pig so it is pretty damn heavy, but I agree- I was surprised it sheared off like that too… Might be weakened a bit from my fat ass riding it all the time also :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thought the same thing.

1 Like

What is the name of this device?

3 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ridebeeline/beeline-velo-2-better-cycling-routes-navigation-and-tracking

“Beeline Velo 2”

1 Like

Beeline Velo 2

The pictures also redirect to the kickstarter if clicked. It looks like a pretty cool product with great features, especially for $80.

@janpom, have you considered trying to display route info on the DAVEga at all? With all the GPS eskate modules out now, it would be insanely cool if our boards could have built in navigation :thinking:

7 Likes

Oh, it’s not a product then, it’s a preorder. Shame.

Still looks cool, I hope this one makes it to reality!

5 Likes

Lol true

1 Like

We have briefly discussed something along those lines with @rpasichnyk as a potential MeGA feature. I think we should do it. It’s quite a challenge though.

10 Likes

Bicyclists upvoting and downvoting roads could also greatly help esk8 riders take the best route.

6 Likes

One feature I wanted (and still want) to add to the TTL system is road roughness metering and mapping. The IMU on the TTL control module could be used to measure vibrations and determine how rough the road that you are riding on is. Then that info could be uploaded to a map that is color coded to indicate rough vs. smooth road.

14 Likes

:exploding_head:

That is the coolest thing I’ve read today. Likely all week. Maybe month.

6 Likes

And then build navigation on top of that. With options like “prefer smooth roads”.

7 Likes

@skate420 @DerelictRobot how do I do a feature request for the Robogotchi? :joy:

7 Likes

This sounds more like a sk8net project. Definitely interested in bringing in additional sensory data and road conditions are obviously really useful for us as riders.

Bad beta tester, bad.

9 Likes

To the surprise of literally no one :joy:

6 Likes

Thats been in my head for like 5 years now, but I realize now that I probably will never get to the point of implementing that so I might as well put it out there in case anyone else wants to lol

@DerelictRobot, what is sk8net and where can we find more info on it? Searching the forums I see only a couple mentions of it.

5 Likes

You don’t find skateNet, it finds you

(Sorry I’m not much help, don’t think there is much info out yet)

6 Likes