šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

We sure did. This makes the remote way more expensive, but safety is above anything a fancy screen could offer. :slight_smile:

The remote has been tested since winter of 2020, including visits to huge antenna towers, deadspots near scientific buildings, group rides with mixed remotes. Not a single delay/disconnection/interference issue has been registered so far. :slight_smile: We have quite a few tester testimonials for that. :slight_smile:

Courtesy of our beta tester 3DServisas. :slight_smile:

The remote will be able to control a lot of things via the Auxiliary channel system. :slight_smile:

The remote itself has 3 buttons that will be user-mappable.

8 Likes

Woohooo! Great to hear. Are you comfortable revealing a pricerange yet?

You say ā€œmore expensiveā€ but the remotes here vary wildly from $30 to $200

Iā€™m guessing youā€™ll be around the $200 mark?

3 Likes

We will see about that. Production run might be coming soon. All information will be disclosed once we feel comfortable with our promises. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awesome. Totally understand. I like the wood look, itā€™s pretty neat. From what I heard before I think you guys are using the same high quality actuator-trigger that the OSRR had? I didnā€™t keep up with all that very well at the time

3 Likes

Nope, this was on the beta tester in question few months ago, whom has designed his own with advice from us. So now itā€™s a totally in-house made 16-bit hall effect sensor thingie. :slight_smile:

The new aluminum thumbwheels can be seen here:

Also, the main priority of this remote is being a trigger remote. The thumbwheel came around because of engineering prowess of some testers. Stay tuned for the trigger remote pics next week. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ooh thatā€™s very exciting! Sounds awesome.

2 Likes

Indeed it is, I know next to nothing about electronics, but what I do know is I rode this remote through both spots where my puck would drop out, no issues. This is also the same remote that gave me the confidence to push my board harder then ever before
49mphā€¦would be a bad speed for a cut out. @KAMI_Boards keep up the great work! Really exited for the production batch! :crazy_face::grin:

5 Likes

Yeah my current remote makes me ride more conservatively

Between that and my one bergmister tire that has wobble, it limits me to about 35 before it gets really sketchy

Tbh cutout at anything above 20 is scary

The way the Maytech cuts is weird too, it continues whatever the last command was that you were giving it. If you are neutral and it cuts out, it coasts, accelerating and it cuts, stays accelerating at same rate, and likewise for braking.

Better than the hobbywing one though where cutout = full brake lol

2 Likes

I hope itā€™s cool to use files posted in threads. @glyphiks

2 Likes

@ShutterShock Yep, iRemote has a 2nd channel that can be used for lights, controlled by a trigger style extra button on the side, and that can be programmed for Cruise control, safety switch or reverse toggling.

It has proper implementation of Frequency Hopping, protecting it from any interference whatsoever.

A trigger style version is also coming up soon, its circular shape makes it to retrofit into many other enclosure designs.

The production enclosure will be made out of MJF, smooth, super strong :muscle: and looks nice.

7 Likes

The beta remote I had, had programmable options for how you want your system to handle a cut out in case one happens. You could chose between neutral coasting or soft brakes. I took the remote many places, as busy as San Francisco, all over Oakland, including Bart, hills and mountains, forrest, Joshua tree dessertā€¦functioned well in all of the placesā€¦even took it to Bombay beach :laughing: place is a bit scary lol

2 Likes

Sounds like a great product! Would 100% buy one if thatā€™s still a feature when they come out because that is a great option to have

1 Like

isnā€™t it there is a tunnel that always have cutouts, maybe try that?

sorry i donā€™t remember the name of it, just keywords :joy:

1 Like

Not sure which tunnel this is, but I will find out and try it.

I donā€™t see them taking this away. I love this option too

1 Like

Your referring to the Kami remote correct? Just making sure I mark the correct one, im probably gonna get both anyways because they seem like they are coming for the puck remotes throneā€¦

1 Like

Your remote looks great!

Curious; are you using the ESP32 built-in radio for the remote connection?

@ShutterShock I believe @KAMI_Boards is using the same radios used in the OSRR. Can confirm that they are top-notch (and spendy).

1 Like

Correct, this is the only remote I have been testing

1 Like

Man the remote scene is something to watch for sureā€¦ within the past year it went from pretty awful to you three producing insane top notch remotes that will hopefully solve all our issuesā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for the peek inside!
Is there any concern about the bottom of the battery possibly shorting those two contacts together over time?

[edit] No, this is not an issueā€¦see below.

3 Likes