šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

That makes a lot more sense than the original photo let on. I was 100% confident they werenā€™t trampa though haha

1 Like

How long did the board have to accelerate? How fast do you think it hit the wall at?

Either way, theyā€™re a cheap fix!

Nope only the hangers and springs. They got the top half upgraded as I wanted to keep the hubs going.

A bit of JB weld and I might give them another go.

1 Like

It about 3 meters. Canā€™t have been that fast.

But I think all the springs and deck wound up on the corner so probably gave it quite an impact

1 Like

Can you link me this box?

3 Likes

It looks like a ginormous power supply brick haha kinda cool

2 Likes

Trademark infringement, someone is getting sued!

Iā€™m not quite sure about everything going on there but itā€™s horrifying. Thatā€™s bone sticking out, isnā€™t it?

Another person is tumbling on the road behind this guy?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s Rob, founder of Miles Board. He posted the video on IG. Looks like the other guy lost traction when his wheels made contact with the painted lines, board wobbled in front of Rob and then this horrific break happened. That first guy was lucky there was no car in the lane.

3 Likes

That board 100% hit the rumble strips on the side of the highway. Those things are rough, even in a car.

3 Likes

Not sure if knee pads and slide gloves would have helped in this situation. Regardless, seeing someone without kneepads and slide gloves makes me feel like this video inside.

And regardless to that, I hope he heals up well and quickā€¦ super ouch / bummer. :frowning:

1 Like

I donā€™t think any gear wouldā€™ve prevented that break. Unless maybe motorcycle boots, but then you can really skate with that on. Really sucks since heā€™s a very active guy.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t wish that on anyone ha, looks crazy painful. Just one of those things that you see and it makes you more aware and a bit more careful as well as educates newer people to the hobby about the dangers that this hobby has. Good thing to remind all of us that we are not invincible and things can go wrong in an instant

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/general-purpose-enclosures/1881273/

1 Like

At least he was wearing a helmet this time

We were discussing this in another thread, really sucks to happen to Rob, heā€™s gonna lose a lot of muslcle being out of the gym, really sucks.

1 Like

AT wheels probably would have avoided that accident :+1:

Bindings definitely would have.

5 Likes

you going Etoxx off road beast with this?

4 Likes

Exactly. Their whole purpose is to wake up sleeping or distracted car drivers. I canā€™t even imagine hitting one of those at speed.

3 Likes

yeah i had parts from an upgrade for my MUD MONSTER and Etoxx posted pics of his psycho frame, and building an air ride frame fixed some issues i was having with deck clearance

2 Likes

and in Japan, sometimes they make it in a way that u can hear music from the vibration :joy:

3 Likes