šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Psh why bother collecting? Scatter that shit to the side like a snow blower and be done with it.

4 Likes

Dang so how do those planetary gear drives actually perform? Iā€™ve been so curious

1 Like

@ixf has the most hands on experience AFAIK. He took apart an ecomobl drive the other week.

The torque was pretty impressive if Iā€™m being honest but the braking was wayyyy louder than the accel for some reason. I thought the dude was going to crash in to me every time we slowed down.

2 Likes

I want it

To be completely accurate I did NOT take apart an ecomobl drive. I did take apart an ET2 and slap the drives and trucks on an MBS :stuck_out_tongue:

Been riding it around for a week or 2 now in the current setup.
How it rides? Honostly it feels like a straightcut setup. Good free roll. Its smooth even when changing direction. 170kv, 1/4 reduction, 8 inch tires = good torque but thats the motor and ratio. The design of the drive doesnā€™t magically give you more torque :stuck_out_tongue: Its also wicked loudā€¦ 5 metal gears meshing.

Biggest attraction is ease of setup and price.
650 gives you everything

• Front back hangers
  • Pair of 6374 motors @ 170kv (unsensored)
  • Pair of metal planatery drives
  • Set of metal hubs + Solid tire wheels.

NO BASEPLATE and BUSHING

I have these running on hifi on unity and they been doing well.

2 Likes

WE NEED DETAILS ABOUT THIS

1 Like

Guess you will have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Leaf blower can annoy people/blow rocks into cars on accident and maybe not permitted to use but I would consider an attachment with one of those instead of making an expensive and innefective diy streetcleaner.

This would be the ideal incarnation of course.

2 Likes

those arenā€™t Trampa trucks right ?

Nope

2 Likes

good :sweat_smile: just shows how unreliable chinesium trucks arenā€™t really made to last lmao

Well we donā€™t have a story as to what happened, so letā€™s not jump to conclusions.

3 Likes

true but it shouldnā€™t snap right off tho, if it had bent before breaking I wouldnā€™t had jumped onto conclusion

1 Like

I think those are trampa baseplates thoā€¦ chinesium trucks on real baseplates? They do have that extra bit on the ends of the hangar so def fake.

1 Like

Also @Evwan itā€™s the ā€œindestructibleā€ Chinese channel trucks you were talking about :rofl:

Those words arenā€™t mine, so donā€™t make me eat them!

2 Likes

Ubox with heatsink?

2 Likes

rated for 50s :rofl:

3 Likes

They were my words I admit :joy:

I do want to hear what led to this @Louie

2 Likes

It was a case of putting down the remote to open my beerā€¦ Then hearing it roar away at full throttle.

Skid marks tell the whole story.

4 Likes