šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Just a heads up, thatā€™s just a frame that you attach a hoverboard to :joy: sounds lame but one kid on my street has one and it isnā€™t bad.

@Evwan my son has an all metal razor ground force kart

I have yet to supe it up because itā€™s already super quick but plenty of room for improvement on a kid sized kart. It can haul me around decently as is.

3 Likes

hmm thatā€™s impressive.

I cant do something stupid like this for at least 2 years as I have to get to college, which will probably be in a small town where nobody will give a shit about me riding around in a go-kart.

1 Like

Yeah. It uses one motor to drive the rear axle just FYI. Opening it up Thursday and Iā€™ll try and remember to snap some pics for the hell of it

1 Like

reminds me of this thing i found on aliexpress. the ad was just for that motor btw

1 Like

Holy cowā€¦ Whatā€™s this for?

4 Likes

Also is that a 3s3p SPIM80HP pack in the background for welding? Got any spares (3 cells)? :eyes::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

4s20p A123 cells. Trying to push as many amps as possible

Definitely for science, but will sell it if it performs!

3 Likes

It is but Iā€™m actually on the lookout for more of these cells because they are fan fucking tastic

1 Like

Thatā€™s going to be sick, I canā€™t wait to see it finished! Yeah me too, this PITA welder needs so much POWAAAA to work well and they used to be like $2 for a 200A cell vs a $100 pack shipped from HobbykingšŸ˜”

1 Like

If youā€™re near PA local pickup for this is worth it. Otherwise itā€™s $250 freight shippingā€¦poo

3 Likes

Yeah I wish, but 1)Iā€™m in Portland 2)Iā€™m a broke college student so I donā€™t have that type of up front money :joy:

1 Like

Possibly ā€œrePackrā€? I havenā€™t seen anything like that before

Uhmā€¦ I donā€™t think, does it have an android app?

1 Like

Oops, it doesnā€™t, good luck!

Thanks, weā€™ll see! :grimacing:

itā€™s called Easy Battery Calc. you can find it on Playstore

6 Likes

Pretty cool app. Noticed however all the cells in thier database are 3.6 nominal instead of 3.7. Says a 14S pack is 50.4 nominal :flushed:

Maybe better to work out the numbers manually when it comes to building a battery. Maybe it doesnā€™t matter tho we charge our shit anyways

i love u

this useful for me starting to learn about batteries

2 Likes

3.6V nominal is correct. 3.7V is for lipos.

2 Likes

Great! Thank you :wink:

2 Likes