šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

SR
stainless bolts being garbage is not a meme apparently xD

8 Likes

I am not a copyright expert by any means, but Iā€™ve not seen any evidence of anything covered by GPL being used in this project? If so could you provide examples?

My understanding of GPL licencing is that they are only required to open source if they distributed projects containing your GPL licensed projects, again, I havenā€™t seen any evidence of this. Could you please provide?

If your reply is that I donā€™t understand the licencing well enough or have enough stake to warrant a reply to my queries on evidence, I will take that as you having none and this is all hot air

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ I got stainless for my mountainboard trucks to bolt on because they look nice with the oil slicks

Butā€¦ Idk I am concerned seeing some people break them

1 Like

As Iā€™ve already explained to you in PM, given that youā€™re not even remotely involved in the topic Iā€™m not going to continue to converse with you on it. The last time you dishonestly represented yourself as an unbiased party, so I donā€™t feel like itā€™s worth more of my time. I thought I was pretty clear on that in the PM conversation we just had.

Anyone officially affiliated 3DS is welcome to answer the question of: will it be open sourced?

Iā€™m just a curious nelly.

3 Likes

@Ukesu you got an awesome, aggressive style dooooooood.
Always awesome little details.
Keep on rockin bro!

3 Likes

So you have nothing apart from paranoia and hot air to justify your self destructive journey.

Good luck to you.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

Damn, I hope youā€™re alright.

12 Likes

Just as a practical matter, the damages from ā€œdefamationā€ on some tiny corner of the internet are not really going to justify the cost of any court battle, so this is all sounding hyper-ridiculous.

In the world I live in, open-source vendors tend to stand out based on their accomplishments and exceptional quality control and donā€™t really worry about scuffling on legal matters. Still wouldnā€™t expect them to remain obediently silent in the face of an obvious unattributed derivativeā€¦

11 Likes

NGL, thought they said ā€œErectronā€

14 Likes

Every time i see these

8 Likes

i had to look 3 times to make sure i wasnā€™t reading it wrong before i made this comment :joy:

5 Likes

Well son, back when haggy drives met hoyt drives, there was a special spark. The young pubescent haggy was aroused by hoyts special curvesā€¦

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the hopping technique :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So are you saying you wrote all the code from scratch?

GPL violation is not cool. The more so it doesnā€™t take much to actually comply.

@DerelictRobot Is there an OSRR demo similar to this demo so that people could easily make an opinion about how much similarity there is?

5 Likes

Fishing for Lacroixs?

10 Likes

I will repeat it once more. 3DServisas didnā€™t manufacture the remote, didnā€™t code it. The hardware and code is made by a company that doesnā€™t even know DRI or OSRR exists. Yes, I have used the only identical component for my own beta test unit, the military trigger. If this violates GPL, I donā€™t even know anymore.

2 Likes