🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

He fucking almost killed me. Fuck him.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. It’s fucking staying. Looks pretty cool.

5 Likes

hope u r alright man, fast recovery

and also, fuck that guy

2 Likes

What polymer is that?

1 Like

These impossible for a human to solder together. I rather have these

2 Likes

Did the police catch him? Were you with anyone else? Riding buddy is supposed to chase the car down and beat the fucking shit out of the driver.

2 Likes

They got him an hour later. I had two witnesses in my report. Just talked to the cop that’s working the case and the dude has no insurance and had a warrant for domestic violence. Hopefully he’s getting buttfucked in jail right now like the piece of shit he is.

6 Likes

Those jail guys would probably do a better job at teaching him a lesson anyways. So what happened? Side swipe? Brake check?

btw i’m very happy you’re okay

5 Likes

I totally understand, soldering them requires a lot of patience, not something viable for a motor factory. They came with a cable so I add to split them all. On the other hand, they are available in more sizes:

If someone is curious, especially EU folks, I bought them here: Higo connectors for e-bike and pedelec
They are a bit on the expensive side but they were one of the smallest I found.

5 Likes

Yes they would.

I was going about 30mph or so in the bike lane. He was pulling out of a gas station and just didn’t stop. Boom! Flipped so many times in the air it was like in the fucking movies.

Thanks dude. Me too. I love living.

5 Likes

I picked up something very similar (not the smallest kind) on aliexpress for much less, if anyone’s interested:

5 Likes

oh fuck! what part of you hit the car first? Break any bones?

2 Likes

Oh, nice, what’s the diameter? Last time I bought some GX12 connectors thinking they were on the tiny side I got a little disappointed :joy:

1 Like

Just epoxy!

The cheap one used to make figures, furniture and shit like that.

1 Like

I hit the front drivers side near the hood. Hairline fracture to my lower rib. Concussion. Nothing serious other than my back is fucked to all hell and cuts all over my body.

7 Likes

the ring you screw on to lock it is 15mm, but the connector piece that would be epoxied into the enclosure is 13mm at its thickest, 10mm at its thinnest.

2 Likes

For me the problem with the gx12 connectors was the length.

1 Like

What kind of 6pin connector is that ? :slight_smile:

How could I forget about that.

Those Higo connectors might be expensive, especially in that store, but they have all the characteristics I wanted. Are there any similar alternatives? Almost certain. Are they going to be a lot cheaper? Totally. Do I care about my sanity while trying to find all the 6 pin connectors with the right characteristics on Farnell, etc? Absolutely. Just wished it was easier, especially with the thread about connectors we have here.

That specific one is this: HIGO Micro-D male connector, 6-pole, 6 x 0.08 mm² Spoiler: 6,50€ per connector with tax. Hope someone else follows up with a cheaper alternative for these exact same connectors.

2 Likes

I’m totally with you. So far I couldn’t find anything small enough.

Do you know what is the length before you can start to flex the cable?

1 Like