🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

12awg vs meepo phase wires

6 Likes

Shit they are tiny but doable :pleading_face: raptors are tiny too can we fix or just let it ride :call_me_hand: is it a current issue like obviously thicker phase wires last longer but does it pump out more current compared to Meepo wires

2 Likes

Well it manages to pump 45A per motor but for how long is the question. I did a foc_openloop test at 30A and 45A each and they got toasty quick. (Again, yes foc openloop does not simulate real world riding but it’s still data)

1 Like

Maybe we can talk with meepo about a groupbuy if they use thicker wires :smiley:

3 Likes

YES I’d be definitely down
Do we have any connections
maybe @Anubis

1 Like

I think we could get enough interest and Ben runs a flawless group buy I mean he can ship anywhere he wants I don’t know how Brexit is these days but I think you guys got a while till it really hits

1 Like

I bet meepo is going to be a bitch in this case. Either not willing to do it or requiring a crazy MOQ.

1 Like

They keep texting me because I haven’t completed my order :rofl: maybe I’ll ask 12aw would be the best??right

1 Like

:eyes:

3 Likes

Best yes, but there’s no way it fits with the current setup

this is how much space is left for the wires.

Interestingly enough the sensor pcb does have a temperature port but it’s not populated. (Nothing unusual with hubs though)

3 Likes

how does the hubs lock into the truck? there doesn’t seems to have axle bolt?

2 Likes

4 Likes

I see their three wires equal one 12aw wire :exploding_head: ya it won’t fit

5 Likes

Going from the actual thickness it should be around 18awg per wire.

2 Likes

holy fk, the whole hub is held on by just a tiny lip on the square part so it doesn’t move side ways? :fearful:
i don’t know how much i trust that part

3 Likes

Pretty much yeah.

A lot. Been using abusing the same hubs for 3 years. Not a sign of damage. Curbs up and down, all day long. No fucks given. I think i actually have never seen a post about this part breaking. When i saw broken boards it was the axle itself, magnets or the truck but not that piece.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing

2 Likes

Ok this is good

1 Like

You wanna see something scarier?

Meepo had a board called city rider. This fucker has long axles NOT longer trucks

hqdefault

5 Likes

well i’ll be damned. if i were to use those hub, i probably would loctite 638 the whole part.

2 Likes