🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

i know, its almost like i have spent a long time evaluating every possible option for how to source enclosures.

5 Likes

I recommend fiberglass over that, but to each their own. Kydex is much better than ABS, but it has toxic fumes and it’s a severe pain to work with. Carbon fiber has radio issues. Fiberglass is just right.

Nice design! Looks similar to the one I made for a stormcore.

5 Likes

Is that a 3d print? mind sharing the STL?

1 Like

Here ya go! There is a port for an external metr antenna on the side too. The heatsink is just a .5mm stainless steel plate.

VESC-1.stl (545.6 KB) VESC-2.stl (211.0 KB)

Lid bolts are M5 and go right into the plastic.

4 Likes

Literally “kick to start”

1 Like

Sweet! Thank you!

1 Like

At first I thought that was 56.0V and then after I realized it was 5.60V :grimacing:

I’m sorry for your loss man

6 Likes

Thanks, to be honest I’m impressed with myself that it take this long to forget the loopkey plugged in

4 Likes

I never forget to turn my ESC off after I wired a motorcycle tail light into the battery indicator port

Whenever the ESC is on, the tail light has to be on. I learned my lesson after draining my first pack to 2V…

12 Likes

Will follow your lead somehow, or get something that beeps after a while on

1 Like

Do you have a link for the tail light? And/or an equivalent for front white lights?

1 Like

This is one reason it is scary to make a giant battery and then run it without a BMS
:scream:
So easy to ruin it.

This idea I like a lot

Just a voltage alarm built into the pack too seems like a good idea.

3 Likes

I used this tail light with the brake light wired to be always on for extra brightness.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNN17J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this buck converter for stepping down the 12s to 12v

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0836QF3XT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

combined cost is $14! Totally worth it.

Edit: Unfortunately no white verison but I just used a 7" LED bar and a custom 3D printed and Aluminum mount for the front

I had one of these with two tilt sensors to trigger the turning indicators.

AU $1.14 | 10PCS SW-200D SW200D Ball Switch SW 200D Tilt Angle Sensor Switch Angle Switch

Add one between 12v+ and R+ and one on L+ there is a ball bearing that closes the circuit when it is tilted more than a few degrees. I tilted them 5 degrees each in opposite directions then set them in a small block of silicon worked well until the led came loose mid ride so I cut it off and left it in the dirt.

3 Likes

Tell me more.
Do you have a build thread for this one? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

What is this, how much does it weigh, and where’s the handle?

4 Likes

It only weights a few octets I’m afraid, just testing my new rendering engine :slight_smile:
I could add a handle indeed ^^

9 Likes

Man that looks incredible! I really thought it wasn’t a render at first :grin:

4 Likes

Wow, At first I thought it was a render, then I got fooled because I thought surely you wouldn’t render on a background with cigarette butts

You got me

5 Likes