šŸ’© Shitty DIY and nothing else!

Well dang, here I am never showing my desk because itā€™s messy

I do agree with you somewhat though

Either that or their wifey just forced them to make it look nice

3 Likes

Haha I have a stack of VERY neat crates with partitions for all my electrical stuff and nice tools and most of my hardware, then a fucking mountain of tools and materials and parts that never quite found a home :joy:

3 Likes

soooo disappointed this was not an attempt at a heatsink :joy:

4 Likes

Let them innovate, if itā€™s good for once, doubt that gonna happen anytime soon ,weā€™ll just ā€˜stealā€™ the idea :joy::joy:

1 Like

Ship me a thermal pad and Iā€™ll do it just for you :joy:

1 Like

Proud to present my shitty diy as my second post on the forumā€¦ I give you Shadowfax the Evo.

I strapped my BKB duo components onto an EVO deck to see what it would be like. I built a box out of wood since it could be thinner than the stock enclosure, and I need every mm of clearance I can get. I also really like the graphic on this deck, and I didnā€™t want to cover it up.

Yes, that is gorilla tape and zip ties, and Iā€™m going to dieā€¦ Trust me - itā€™s solid AF.

It is a temporary solution until I get a chance to do some kydex vacuum molding. Either that or switch to a hummie deck, and join the ultra board gang.

Shadowfax ground

12 Likes

Almost did that to get some sweet gum pods out of my way. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, those are the worst as far as plant detritus goes. Iā€™d rather hit an Osage Orange than those things.

Fortunately, pod shedding season is over here but I may just end up doing the brush attachment for shiggles

1 Like

It started off ok but it got progressively worse here imo, and his soldering skills are making me wonder. Some good ideas but funny how it doesnā€™t take much to jank up a battery.

1 Like

I know this guy, he makes videos reviewing prebuilt ebikes and ebike kits, so im not surprised.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not that bad imo
Not the best obviously but not the solenoid switch on big lead battery bad

4 Likes

Youā€™re right itā€™s not bad but heā€™s supposed to set an example as an instructional video. That one part where heā€™s soldering the battery leads heā€™s feeding the solder right into the tip thats too hot and spattering, which probably wouldnā€™t happen if he fed the solder into the wires hes heating instead. Rookie mistake milhouse, then the wrap job just looks bad in the end, some hot glue or something to dampen vibrations in the strips he folded over too. He didnā€™t use any fish paper either, just those strips of kapton tape then plastic over it lol idk seemed pretty jank to me. At least trim up some of that foreskin hanging off that battery wrap :joy:

2 Likes

Haha I didnā€™t go all the way to the end
The plastic is not a bad idea, good insulator for cheap

Thereā€™s a lot here but holy hell the bindings.

18 Likes

A man pulled parts from every corner of eskate :joy:

3 Likes

Is that 2 different colors of heatshrink on one motor?

OCD is going crazy right now.

16 Likes

And 2 black wires coming from the battery

7 Likes

my OCD is triggered already when i see the phase wires are going in the same spot ofā€¦if u can even call that enclosure

4 Likes

I almost did something like that on my latest build but it irked me for some reason.

4 Likes