🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

im guessing you mean their goggles. i have not had a chance to try them yet but i have been thinking about them a lot recently. was kinda hoping that there would be a bigger upgrade when the V2 came out.

I would never buy the DJI FPV quad. its just not designed for the kinda abuse i would want to give it. today i bounced mine off a powerline at ~30mph, ejected the battery then crashed. replaced a prop and its good to go again. Im sure if that was the DJI FPV quad it would be going on a very expensive holiday to the DJI repair center for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Agreed, the DJI FPV quad was a swing and a miss

3 Likes

Managed to crack my brand new frame today :rofl:

Was worth it though, loved flying and could have done with at least double the batteries we had. I’m going to order some more for sure

@Plurf they are for safety, so you can fly them indoors in close proximity to people when shooting cinematic things.

2 Likes

If anyone is curious it’s been about 11 hours since I got the first dose and I feel completely normal, besides my arm that feels like I got hit with a hammer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Moderna or Pfizer? That’s exactly how I’d describe my Moderna first dose

3 Likes

It was Pfizer, tbh it kinda reminds me of the tetanus shot I got a few years ago I was sore on my right arm for a week and half.

2 Likes

You can put idlers on, it’s a M5 bolt you will need.

2 Likes

Try on Aliexpress… this one for example.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1JQ8DJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_YNXD2NK7YWHSZ8CZ6XTT?psc=1

Search countersunk washers. Cheap on Amazon, cheaper on aliexpress

1 Like

fuck the fucking fuck yes @Venom121212 !!! so awesome.

5 Likes

names withheld to protect the guilty.

6 Likes

I was a crocs hater for years until I tried them. Grabbed them for a Waterpark trip, but turned into quick casuals for me. The dual durometer ones are the shit. They are NOT riding shoes though.

2 Likes

I don’t know, i used to work on bigger drone for historical site model aquisition, and then we used a lot of protection equipments like airbags, bumpers and parachutes,

I feel like those prop guards can only protect the props, that won’t save anyone from gettin fingers cutted,
For safety around people i’ll go the other way arround: the lightest and tiniyest quad possible so even on crash it wont damage much
(But if you go top fast on impact it wont help though)
Maybe more like a mesh/cage-like protection,

The bigger the drone the more protections normally? You have to carry minimum a gopro so the drone needs to be so big, it’s basically as small as it can be. The prop guards work well enough and also stopped me destroying my props on the first flight :laughing:

What happened? Regular old Wipeout or did the board throw you off?

9 Likes

this is sick dude, i love it!

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought I’ll never finish ti :joy:

Build thread

4 Likes

His Attention to detail on this board is flawless I agree

2 Likes

is it just me or is your truck not straight?

e: its dkp? so might be normal dunno

1 Like

It’s dkp
They are straight, it’s just some Oneplus camera “magic” :rofl:

2 Likes