šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

of course, but soldering 12awg shouldnā€™t really be that difficult for an iron like TS100

1 Like

What iron did you get? I have a ts80 and Iā€™m not going to lie, it really isnā€™t that good for 12awg or XT60. My 60W 20euro Amazon one does a way better job, but it isnā€™t 400CĀ° because the tip gets red in under 20min :rofl::rofl::rofl: so a Def fire hazard that you need to be weary of

1 Like

ts100
it works with a big tip and can do wires but not amazing above 12awg

1 Like

new board finally finished

5 Likes

Iā€™ll prove youā€™re wrong when i get home xD Itā€™s just practise and good solder ^^

3 Likes

prob
with my weller solder it is super easy even for 10-12awg with my thinner random one i can only do 12awg or thinner
however the weller solder costs like Ā£8 for 100grams so really expensive

@Venom121212 so young and foolish. one day you will understand the true power of crocs

usually wear something else but all my trainers are to small atm cause of lockdown

1 Like

The early bird may get the worm but the night owl gets the snake.

https://www.sanuk.com/

Thereā€™s a crocs factory being built near me tooā€¦

4 Likes

@Halbj613 Just gonna leave this here. 8Awg on xt90 and 14Awg on xt30. Soldered with a ts100 with c4 tip and Felder Solder (sn60pb38cu2)

8 Likes

you are a soldering genius

2 Likes

@Halbj613 please please please put some washers under those bolt heads
I can hear that hummie suffering from over here :eyes:

11 Likes

This little guy can really do that?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WHYL2K2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_EY11WCRQ6C6H53AY6VQ5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It runs off a micro usb? Wtfā€¦

1 Like

@Venom121212 yup with ease.
It runs of 24V via the barrel port at the end.
65Watts and the heating element is integrated into the tip. That way it heats up super fast and has a better thermal coupling than letā€™s say some weller stations (those where the tip slides over the heating element).

The usb port is for uploading custom firmware and tweaking settings

3 Likes

Yeah, these little portable guys are getting pretty usable. I only bust out my solder station if I need the big guns now. Iā€™ve got a ts80 and a pinecil which both have usb-c power. Itā€™s pretty nice to just be able to grab my macbook charger and run the things, lol.

2 Likes

Ah OK.

Check out that wireless power though :eyes:

Itā€™s been recommended enough times that I may check it out. Mine has always been ok but never overwhelmingly good. Will be interesting to compare.

4 Likes

the only problem about the TS100, the rest are really good
still donā€™t understand why donā€™t they put type c on it, it would have been real good to just plug in a PD phone charger and use it

2 Likes

when the ts100 came out usb-c wasnā€™t a thing yet
usb PD also not.

If you want PD, just get the TS80P or the Pinecil

4 Likes

@Halbj613

3 Likes

they could have made a update version or something, but i guess if it ainā€™t broken donā€™t fix it

if i need something more powerful, is there any good solder station for suggestion?

1 Like

never change a running (selling) system :new_moon_with_face:
the ts100 is the most used portable hobby soldering iron in the world i think. Everybody loves it.
They did come out with new versions but made the less powerfull. So ts100 is still the king xD

If u have the money get a JBC station. Thatā€™s the best you can get. (I think @Lee_Wright recently got one)
This one is 130W but costs 350ā‚¬
https://www.jbctools.com/cd-b-standard-soldering-product-1605.html

3 Likes