🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I did and it’s an absolute beast

@ducktaperules got one then @BigBen but I held out for a bit before caving. My only regret is not getting it sooner.

7 Likes

damn, expensive stuff, but im sure its really good. now i just need to think if i will ever do that much soldering to justify buying it :rofl:
i don’t even build my own battery pack

2 Likes

i have this one at work and it’s just amazing :smiley:
https://www.jbctools.com/rmse-q-complete-rework-station-with-electric-pump-product-1650.html

I haven’t brought myself to buy a JBC station for home use. The ts100 does it just fine :smiley:

2 Likes

@Fosterqc would you mind sending me a copy of your BN M1 assembly? I made a quick and dirty one yesterday to check clearances, but it’d be great to use a more precise model

1 Like

That’s gorgeous. All my supplies are scattered around like an animal. That’s super clean.

1 Like

Maybe forget the iron and try a butane lighter

1 Like

yes i know i should
honestly though those 83mm wheels from evolve are absoloutely awful. you feel every tiny bump from them. i need some good 97mm wheels

1 Like

He probably is, but you don’t have to be, I’ve soldered 8awg without a problem really, if you can’t you might want to check your tin quality.

I use this one:

Edit: Make sure your power supply it’s strong enough lol

1 Like

yeah i use a similar one but jsut much thinner at 0.8mm
i need to get some nice thick solder as it is way easier to use

got videos?

2 Likes

Throw back to summer

Just curious. What music are y’all listening to in there? Serious offtopic question :crazy_face:

1 Like

As you’re 4x4 you could possibly go up to 107s no?

2 Likes

83mm i get a lot of torque but not an insane amount. its enough that i cant full throttle straight away but not enough to kill me when i touch the throttle. i was considering 107s but not sure. also 107s dont seem to exist in the uk

They post their playlist on their website
Trampa chill music

2 Likes

if its fuse wires like that its usually ultrasonic welding.

2 Likes

can confirm. great iron. so much power avalable so quickly without ever overheating things.

Unless you do a lot of soldering its hard to justify the cost of a good iron like this. But if you do solder often then once you use it and understand the time and frustration it saves you its well worth every penny. Its always worth investing in the proper tools for the job.

All 3 of us APEX guys have these irons now

4 Likes

Yeah, but it not great.

8 Likes

that’s brutal :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t realise quite how deep it was or I would have slowed down more :joy:

3 Likes

Except

Do you have any text descriptions of what that is?

4 Likes