🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Is that nickel? You son of a bitch.

@370HSSV!!! Where is my nickel!!

5 Likes

Yeh boi, alll the nickel. Stoked to finally have some 50mm

4 Likes

I have 2kg somewhere In SoCal. Not sure if Jansen or lei has it.

3 Likes

Handed off to Jensen a long time ago lol. I thought he gave it to you already

2 Likes

It’s been shipped.

What did it cost?

A finger and a toe.

2 Likes

Holy shit dude, that is cold!

Meanwhile i’m here in 30C heat soldering batteries and sweating balls.

I appreciate your effort my man, that is crazy!

3 Likes

Turns out the way out of my winter depression was esk8ing.

Makes you feel alive.

11 Likes

nice! what motor mounts are they?

1 Like

Thanks! Standard Evolve mounts actually. I finally finished replacing the guts with focboxes and a 10s4p VTC6 battery. 63* motors/mounts will inevitably be the next iteration. This board is all about the low-speed surf carve groove though. I don’t really need power/speed but I will probably end up looking for more torque.

1 Like

Ahh cool. Just been through your build history, you got some nice stuff! hows the chain drive eMTB holding up? and whats the deck on this build? looks sweet

1 Like

would be cool to have some epoxy like modeling clay like we know from jb weld we could use for BH. That would be super easy to work with and clean AF i guess.

Yeah doood, so true. Was on my first ride since almost 2 months yesterday and it was great. First day with dry streets. Same today, but now its raining again :weary:

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

The Heavy Weather is a fucking mental badass. Riding it is like a full body workout to the soundtrack of a chainsaw massacre. I love it. I’ve yet to find the right track for it to properly stretch its legs though. I recently drove for an hour or so to a mountain bike track (few and far between in the flattest country in the world) only for the Unity’s anti-spark to blow in the first 500m. It did well on a recent track day though! Different tyres and softer bushings next time!

The board in the linked photo is a LaCroix Prototipo DSS50, practically unspoilt. I gave it a frit-job and etoxx baseplates. Now it needs a Stormcore and a (>)12s battery upgrade.

2 Likes

I think that’s called milliput

1 Like

ahh ok…Is that good for using or just nahhh?

Nice to learn more about them :ok_hand:. Im looking to build an eMTB with a Unity too (though not with chains i dont think), torn between the deck you used and the Haero Bro, which is more expensive though I prob wouldnt tell the difference. The Lacroix looks lush, i thought they were Matrix 2’s from a glance, but i guess not.

I’d probably go for the Stormcore. Its more robust.

Naah, not now there’s affordable high-quality gear drives. My chains are fucking noisy.

I’ve never ridden a Bro but I’d probably prefer it now if I had the choice again. I like the wide footbeds. The DWII has nice contoured footbeds but you get a lot of toe-and-heel overhang. Getting a set of blades like @SabreDynamics’s would probably make a lot of difference. The DWII is proper stiff too, which is good for stability at speed but a bit tiring off-road.

They are, but they have these on them:

1 Like

hahaha, this is really cool imho.
Grrrrrrrrrreat :raised_hands: :pray: :smiley:

1 Like

dayum bro :eyes: the reply was half year ago

1 Like

oh that’s not a shower drain.
huh.

wait is it half a hub sitting in a shower drain?

10 Likes