šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Who not order some quality belts instead of ALI express junk? These have been working great for me, and I was a belt breaker before I got them. https://ddglobal.com

1 Like

DD Global ones are breaking too.

Yes. There is only one all-steel gear manufacturer that I know of, @Boardnamics, and they donā€™t have a ratio that works with my wheels.

Are you running idler pulleys?

1 Like

Noā€‹

1 Like

LoL

1 Like

i would try to contact a local factory/manufacture who would cut you a bit from one of his rolls instead of trying to find the right size one from the net

LoL thatā€™s easy to say but without links or phone numbers, itā€™s not so easy LoL

Also what are these local manufacturers you speak of? Iā€™m in the USA, not China :crazy_face:

Maybe could find a local reseller

I mostly jest, but this is partially based on truths also

1 Like

i dontā€™ know if this helps:

1 Like

Itā€™s time to join the chain gang!

3 Likes

I can make anything your heart desires Brian :heart: for the right price :smirk::smirk:

6 Likes

ah gottcha

true that, not manufacturer, but resselers for factorys furnitures,
most of the time if you actually pop up there they will send you the ridiculous quantity you need as a private person without making difficulties but they have stuff you wonā€™t find in consumer loops.

also, would this work ?

pitch is 5M, didnā€™t check the profile heights but from the visual i canā€™t tell the difference

also i think the one @XTLA used in his Xnow build where those ones :

but it seems like PU ones (with kevlar cords ? canā€™t see it written)

What about those 300mm wide belts you got?

2 Likes

das a wide belt, wider than most supercharger belts

1 Like

and top mount gang

Have you seen the photo Iā€™m referring to?

1 Like

No but Iā€™m imagining a belt thats a foot wide

1 Like

BEEFY. Whatā€™s the story here? Intrigued.

2 Likes

I had a local supplier that could cut in any width you want

How I know that? Because the guy that was cutting must have been blind and missing an arm and a few fingers on the one that remained while using a kids scissor, a 15mm belt was 17mm in some places, 9 in other and sĆ³ on

You could run two 9mm belts in parallel or even 15+9 or even 15+15

2 Likes