šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Iā€™m looking at the s21 from a note 20 (that i had to upgrade to because my s10 5g started crashing, not even a nand reset would fix itā€¦ something about corrupted knox on an update, suspiciously when note 20 released :expressionless: ) and all i see is no sd card, still no headphone jack, needs a case for the spen (and rumoured no note 21), oh and the garbage exynos for the rest of the world too, but same price.

My gear s3 is utterly indestructible though. That gorilla glass sr is like diamond

1 Like

sadly, this ainā€™t coming back

3 Likes

It is, if the older big boys get their shit together, like lg, htc, even sony if they unlock the camera api and stop making damn banana phones with screen ratios of 30:1 (their latest xperia 1 ā€œIIā€ has the jack back)

Rip lg tho

No SD card really annoyed me, but them changing up the pricing and it only being 50 bucks to upgrade to the 256gb model was a fine compromise for me. Besides, the internal storage being UFS 3.0 is so blazing fast, it would be hard to get a fast enough SD card anyway. Either way that is my single qualm with the S21 series, especially the ultra.

No headphone jack, eH. I mean, I use it sometimes on my S10+ but only on ancient headphones. If I NEED to use some other headphones, I can just use a dongle. 90% of what I use to play audio is bluetooth, car, day to day headphones, etc. Only time I want it is for external speakers, and Iā€™d just use the dongle. Letā€™s be real, itā€™s not coming back.

I donā€™t care about the S pen having never owned a Note. I doubt I would use it very often, so thatā€™s a non- issue for me, but looking at it from an S series user, itā€™s pretty awesome that they added the option. There will be other cases that support holding it from 3rd parties I would think too that would look better. Additionally, Iā€™d rather them use that internal space for something more useful, like, the 5000mAh battery.

Iā€™m sorry for other people outside of the US though, the Snapdragon888 is pretty ballin. Iā€™ve heard the 2100 exynos is much better than the one in the S20 and Note 20 series, it doesnā€™t have the terrible battery life issues. Kind of a major shaft though

That being said, there are a lot of compelling features and the ones they took away wonā€™t keep me from getting it.

Oh the final pisser. Screw apple. ā€œenvironmentally consciousā€ like anyone is going to believe that as the real reason they took the accessories out. Now that Apple took their charger and headphones out of the box, it took samsung 2 weeks to copy them on that move. This really sucks because I was always firm believer that the battery will last longest with the charger that was designed to go with it. Guess Iā€™ll just get a normal fast charge USB brick or something nowā€¦ Thanks apple.

1 Like

If i remember correctly us folks get 100 usd to get whatever accessories they want, and the charger that should have been in the box (25W, the good shit) is like half of that.

ā€¦and it stops there, only US gets that offer, fuck the rest and fuck anyone upgrading from an s8/9/10 with the 15w chargers.
25w charges mine from 0 to full in like 55 minutes if it doesnā€™t overheat from watching youtube in 360p (thanks exynos)

3 Likes

Try again lol it gets even better for us.

From the Samsung Preorder, I will be getting my S21 Ultra Unlocked with 256gb for $632 before tax with my S10+ trade in. (found some promo codes, and logging into your samsung account gives a little discount too)

$550 for trade in
+$200 samsung accessories, gonna pickup the galaxy buds pro

Iā€™m going to be going on Tmobile, where you can actually get $800 off the price of the phone, but only on monthly payment contract, with the same trade in. Tmobile also doesnā€™t have the color or storage size I want.

1 Like

Lolā€¦
Over here, Note 20 ultra, Ā£1300 and a nice fuck you if you need any service repairs (due to covid).

1 Like

I broke google lol

Went to test the new top speed with 20T pulleys

5 Likes

Is this a beta unit/unreleased? Because these look fucking amazing and I want some

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from :framed_picture: Pictures and Nothing Else!:

Do you have the stl files for these? I was actually organizing my pegboard as well and some of those are way more intuitive than some of the crap I was trying to do. Iā€™m still a noob with Fusion 360 though.

1 Like

gotta quote or if not then tag @janpom

1 Like

Welcome back Mr Potterā€¦

1 Like

Phone turned wrong way :rofl:

1 Like

Clearance is clearance :man_shrugging: :joy:

3 Likes

Oops, thank you.

1 Like

@swimmydude I put all the stl files here. Note that most of this is pretty custom stuff so Iā€™m not sure how much use you can make of it. Also, my pegboard dimensions are:

• 1 inch hole spacing
  • 4.8 mm hole diameter

(Thanks @Fosterqc for tagging me. Otherwise I would have missed this.)

2 Likes

Battery looks sweet overall, but soldering is simply next level.

6 Likes

Thank you Bill! I learned all my soldering tricks on here from amazing battery builders, feels good to see how far Iā€™ve come from my first solder joint :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

@Geo_Engineering_FTW Have you ridden it yet?? :grin:

1 Like

Just put some grip on and going now!

2 Likes