šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

nope I canā€™t think of any hifi headphones that do.

1 Like

Yeah usually hifi people stay away from consumer things like ANC and bluetooth

The apple airpods max are the first hifi-not-hifi headphones to incorporate those

2 Likes

Yup. Less processing the better for purists.

Thereā€™s a few hifi headphones that are bluetooth there just stupid expensive and are all planar magnetic

2 Likes

i havenā€™t used any high end headphones, so i donā€™t know :joy:
i guess u will need to have those amp and dac to make it an enjoyable experience?

1 Like

Quality amp needed to drive these these properly.

1 Like

These do not really the amp and dac help but these are super easy to drive and they sound alright you do lose a good bit of soundstage though

Most planar magnetics are significantly easier to drive than dynamics in my limited experience

2 Likes

nice, i believe the audio source also needs to be ā€œHDā€ quality to sound good? im still living in the 320k mp3 time period :joy: :joy:

Used to be an audiogon 'tard. Owned Magnepans. Krell driven. All planars are thirsty if you want the full experience.

Now letā€™s fight to the death.

6 Likes

woah there I concede

3 Likes

No, I will do the conceding.

Fight to the death reason #2.

4 Likes

Well if it must happen, I must embrace my American Heritage

4 Likes

What amp/dac are you getting?

Schiit Magnius and Modius, its gonna take a smooth minute since one of them backordered

2 Likes

what crimper did you use for the main battery terminals?

1 Like

I didnā€™t dudeā€¦ I stuck both the main wires and the charging wires in the larger terminal and filled that bitch with solderā€¦

5 Likes

Beautiful!!.. I was wondering if it was ok to just use solder. Thx for the pics as well. I will be attempting my first battery build soon. Waiting on parts.

2 Likes

This PCB kit makes it sooooo much more betterā€¦

You saw Benā€™s guide right?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that kit will be my 2nd battery build. Iā€™m doing a NESE build to build my confidence before I move onto spot welding and soldering.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t quite understood. Itā€™s a portable battery pack for charging? I havenā€™t understood what the big buck type thing is :smiley:

2 Likes