🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Oh, that’s double stack, that was confusing

1 Like

As I designed it myselt this is just a prototype to make sure my dimensions are correct. And oh boy am I glad that I 3D printed this parts, because this is at least veesion 9 :smiley:
Next step is to manufacture it from aluminium.

3 Likes

How is that XT port holder thing? Think it’s worth buying?

4 Likes

I know you’re not asking me, but I have one and yes it’s worth it. Have come to hate helping hands of all varieties. Hot-glued it to the table and has worked out well.

7 Likes

Dope, now I’ll buy it lol

1 Like

It feels nice and solid. It’s a large heat sink too so should help those hot connectors stay cooler while soldering.

I hate it when my alligator clips on my helping hand loses grip and drops a scorching connector on my lap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TPJ9SL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ulK5FbNT7Q05R

5 Likes

Preach.

2 Likes

Itz even much more worth it when your wife or girlfriend bought this for you building moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar skateboards. :hugs:
@Venom121212 Super cute, Justin, you managed to get her a new Skateboard :raised_hands: :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s the worst.

4 Likes

I wanted to convert it to electric before she opened it but I knew she’d walk in on me with a pink and gold skateboard and know it was for her :joy:

3 Likes

hahaaha, beautiful ahhahaha and you did a foto of her in her “Not leaving home dress” hahhahaha

3 Likes

Those mud guards look great! How many miles have you put on them? Are they holding up well?

Here is the video they made. Definitely did some damage.

6 Likes

Thanks! I don’t do miles :wink: but I’m guessing I have close to 200 km on them and they are holding up well. They also really help a lot keeping the water/mud out of my enclosure and my clothes when roads are wet (which is frequent in the Autumn here).

1 Like

Awesome, I would love to try and give these a go, are you sharing the stl’s?

Wow that’s crazy. Guess it goes to show when you record for a company, you gotta check all them P’s and Q’s

On one hand, very cool video, other hand, bad move Evolve.

5 Likes

Damn. I know some people hate them but evolve has always been really good to me. Like the only brand pre-build company I can say that about.

You’ll find it somewhere here: Wheel Guard Ideas

1 Like

Why put that end on the board? So much space for shit to get in there

Because

and also the female side is more difficult to smash if it’s in your pocket and you lean up against something or sit on it.

Another reason is for mounting – you can’t really mount the female version with epoxy because then the epoxy is in the way for the male to plug into it. The male has a sheath that wraps around the body of the female connector.

2 Likes