šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Very nice - new camera is somewhere down the list of expensive purchases for me, need to upgrade from my canon t3i, it just isnā€™t cutting it anymore

really want that 5d mk4

1 Like

After 2 hours of hot gun and pryingā€¦I need pulleys now.

1 Like

Good call! I would rather have longer battery leads lol. Sooooo many things can happen to one of the 6 or 12 phase wires loooool!

1 Like

I have been told by bigbrains that for electrical mumbo jumbo reasons longer phase wires are more desirable than longer battery leads. Im not even going to try to remember exactly what they said was the reason for that lol

2 Likes

Too soonā€¦

4 Likes

Lol what happened?!?!?

Yup. That can happen alright :point_up:t3::rofl:

I didnā€™t either, but once I understood what was happening itā€™s clear to me that long phase wires are better than long battery wires. Intuitively though, Iā€™d assume the opposite.

1 Like

Yes, this is true.

Extra inductance [and some resistance] in the power supply wires make voltage spikes in the ESC worse, which means the ESC needs more capacitance, worsening power-on surges, and reducing the headroom on the power stage of the ESC.

Extra inductance [and some resistance] in the phase wires just helps smooth out the PWM drive signal and for the most part is dwarfed by the massive inductance of the motor windings themselves, making it fairly unnoticeable electrically.

5 Likes

Got everything wired all nice and purdy just to fail motor detection and hand motor test. That was when I knew one of my phase extensions came unplugged when I yanked it too hard.

I had bought a fancy 2:1 heat shrink y split (cable boot they call it I guess) and had to cut through it and all of its glue just to get to it.

1 Like

thatā€™d be awesomeā€¦ just please, donā€™t make the titleā€¦ you failed when you called them ultra-boards

I betcha buxā€¦ if you ran a criteria for an ultra-boardā€¦ being able to run on her back would not be the top choiceā€¦

4 Likes

I told you a million timesā€¦

color in-between the lines

:eyes: :crazy_face: :dash:

1 Like

who does your eyebrows?

thatā€™s damned fine quality!!!

3 Likes

The same person who gave me an ethnicity change?

1 Like

you sirā€¦

are a beautiful disaster!

k00k approved

5 Likes

all geared up?

5 Likes

New helical spur for a new gearbox . :smiley:

7 Likes

Fair enough :sweat_smile:

I was thinking the rules could be along the lines of:

• Image must contain a skateboard
  • Image must be at least 1MP large
  • You can not post your own photos. You can only share other peopleā€™s photos that you consider wallpaper worthy.
  • Tag the original photographer / link to their build thread
  • Replies go to this chat, if needed
  • Topic will be serious, so OP can flag photos that are jokes / not even an image

And we agree to try to keep the photos to high quality ones, not just ā€œI made a build, here it is in my kitchenā€

5 Likes

better than nothing hehehe

I would take a 4k wallpaper of someoneā€™s kitchen any day

4 Likes