šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Tell me more about this setup, a middrive and a hub?

2 Likes

You got a thread on these babies? Canā€™t wait for your shred experience!

1 Like

Itā€™s specs are: 12s 9p 25AH battery from recycled hoverboard packs with 12s 100A smart BMS. The drive train is a 500W rear direct drive hub, and a rewound 80kv 80100 outrunner with 2 stage reduction, first being belt and second being chain. Both are powered by vesc 6+ā€™s connected via can bus and I have a Sony Xperia mounted to the handle bars always on the VESC app as a dashboard. Pushing 50 battery amps each, and 85-95 phase amps each. Top speeds about 28-30mph with a full battery. It seeā€™s about 4400watts being pulled during hard acceleration, and will wheelie by just leaning back. The weird part of the design is I got rid of the back disk break so itā€™s only regen braking in the back. But so far it works fine, even on trails.

1 Like

Nice

This has the potential for some interesting tests, seeing if one motor is better than the other in different scenarios, like using the hub only when low power is required

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™d be cool to test that. I originally was just planning the 80100 but it was getting too hot and didnā€™t have as much torque as I wanted. It was either add forced air cooling or water cool it, or add another motor so it doesnā€™t have to work as hard. They both give me a pretty similar WH/mile If only using one, leaning to the hub being more efficient. I also swapped the bearings on the 80100 so thereā€™s more drag from the bearing seals.

1 Like

most of the ā€œscienceā€ has been covered in the

thread :call_me_hand:t4: :+1:t4: :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

that battery gauge tho :smiley:

Where did you get the shredlights from?

3 Likes

A very unfriendly but professional ebay kleinanzeigen seller :slight_smile:
Messed it up a littleā€¦ I expected ShredLights SL200s, didnt know there are regular unnamed onesā€¦
Got them for like 60ā‚¬ new with four sets of two mounts i could choose from

did he at least say they are normal ones but you were a sleepy head or did he do false advertising like the guy you bought 8 screws from but only shipped 7.

1 Like

My bad in this case :slight_smile: No false advertisements were made!
Heres the offer:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/longboard-skateboard-helm-beleuchtung-shredlights-neu-ovp-/1399164416-230-1745
Btw the screw guy was actually a girl

1 Like

Is that a cnc controller?

1 Like

haha awesome did you order a while ago too? The only thing i donā€™t like about it so far is the like sizzling / buzzing sound when Iā€™m using my soldering iron with it

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s not boiling solder in there, should probably open it and see what it is

2 Likes

yeah i picked up a pair as soon as @mishrasubhransu posted about it. Pretty nice feeling once its all closed up. Lowkey thought they were doa when the button didnā€™t do anything after putting the cells in. Didnā€™t realize you have to ā€œchargeā€ it to turn it on. Also i tried charging it with my macbook, but i think its trying to charge the macbook instead of charge from it :thinking:
Are you running something like a ts80 off it? I want to make an adapter for my ts100, but the 12v might be too low.

2 Likes

HAHA ya same bro i kept pressing the buttons and I was like wtf y u no turn on

It worked after I charged both of them, itā€™s nice they actually take fast charge in too so they donā€™t take forever to charge up. Ya it was probably trying to charge your mac haha

Yep running my TS-80 off of it. seems like about 10% per 15 mins of run time with my 20r cells

1 Like

OOOooooopsā€¦

the 90kv open maytechs?

1 Like

Sealed, and rated for 20S by the Maytech engineers. I bought a batch of these so some early adoptors of the stormcore 100Ds / 100Ss would have something to work with. Itā€™s a standard 6374 package with sensors.

10 Likes

Hell yeah man, Iā€™m doing the same for my sonā€™s go kart right now.

shopping

24v though, things gonna be popping wheelies.

3 Likes

Nnnnaaauuuceee!! :grin::grin:

I wish I could do that at this point, my daughter just either taps the gas or holds it in and turns zig zags or all one direction, basically having just turned 3 she doesnā€™t know how to drive yet lol.

2 Likes

I remember those days haha. Upgrading the 1wd power wheels is tricky because it burns out and pulls to one side every time they start from a stop. I wish his Mario kart had a knockout for a second motor. I ended up cutting bike tires and screwing them to the plastic wheels for better traction.

2 Likes