🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Here is the video they made. Definitely did some damage.

6 Likes

Thanks! I don’t do miles :wink: but I’m guessing I have close to 200 km on them and they are holding up well. They also really help a lot keeping the water/mud out of my enclosure and my clothes when roads are wet (which is frequent in the Autumn here).

1 Like

Awesome, I would love to try and give these a go, are you sharing the stl’s?

Wow that’s crazy. Guess it goes to show when you record for a company, you gotta check all them P’s and Q’s

On one hand, very cool video, other hand, bad move Evolve.

5 Likes

Damn. I know some people hate them but evolve has always been really good to me. Like the only brand pre-build company I can say that about.

You’ll find it somewhere here: Wheel Guard Ideas

1 Like

Why put that end on the board? So much space for shit to get in there

Because

and also the female side is more difficult to smash if it’s in your pocket and you lean up against something or sit on it.

Another reason is for mounting – you can’t really mount the female version with epoxy because then the epoxy is in the way for the male to plug into it. The male has a sheath that wraps around the body of the female connector.

2 Likes

That’s the best looking epoxy job I’ve done yet. It looks like it’s not even hard :rofl:

And it’s so smooooooth

Zero sanding

6 Likes

…but will you?

No way, sanding sucks. It’s only a last resort kind of thing. The worst part of fiberglass.

That actually is fiberglass on the back and you can see it in the hole, but the front is gelcoat only.

1 Like

Might need a vacuum and a chamber so you can degas that epoxy. The only way it could look better is without the bubbles :stuck_out_tongue:
Looks great though, do you apply with a syringe?

1 Like

Nope, just a toothpick and elbow grease from the bottom of a used dog food tin.

Yeah, gas bubbles are always an issue for me. I did actually pop some of the bigger ones.

I really want to design a 3dp part that lets you flush mount the female end and still let it fit around.

But why? There are more reasons than just that to use the female end as the key.

I fail to understand what problem that solves; it seems to create more possible issues.

1 Like

You’re getting really good at that.

1 Like

It was a love and hate relationship but, Its time to say Goodbye. Side note, those wires are driving me crazy. I gotta fix that😬

2 Likes

Best buy, home depot, and many more big-bix stores take rechargeable lithium ion batteries for recycling. Just make sure everything is taped up good and has no chance of shorting.

I made a disassembly guide a while back, if you want to go maximum safety/maximum effort. Or just drop it off as is :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think I’ll give that disassembly guide a go. I wanna see how this thing is put together. Thx

1 Like

Do you have a video of this in action?

10 Likes