šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Iā€™m not referring to that. Iā€™m referring to the podcast in which he refers to using balsa as his core material- which is an industry standard.

To the best of my knowledge, ā€œCarbon fiber, Basalt and fiberglass.ā€ are not core materials, they are your laminationā€™s. I could be wrong. I know some people donā€™t use any core materials, but thatā€™s just silly when building anything structural- you need a core.

i think you sniff wayyyyyyyyy to much lead

3 Likes

Or, it could be I obsessively watch layup videos?

1 Like

So if someone wants a good one that doesnā€™t cost a million bux (West System 105) what would you recommend?

3 Likes

stop by here sometime:

and edumcate me

1 Like

Your deck uses a core. What is there to talk about?

pontificate

Iā€™ll smoke a bowl with you. In spirit.

3 Likes

is that a sealed belt system who makes it?

1 Like

@Scepterr wooo :call_me_hand::beers::doughnut: izz nice

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: the laminating epoxy that I use is reasonably cheap. Pretty sure my local supplier buys in bulk and rebrands it so unless you are in Australia, my source isnā€™t really gonna help. But in any case, I use the 500 series epoxy from www.trojanfibreglass.com.au

Not all epoxies are made equal, they are all formulated differently for different purposes. I think that using a product outside of its spec is asking for troubleā€¦

Your best bet would be to shop around locally, or even ask boat builders / panel shops what they use :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Its a Janux sealed belt drive. Last i heard Janux was closing his doors tho

7 Likes

That sux.

@Boardnamics was also working on one, and I think @Trampa makes one as well.

@Janux-esk8 may have some if you ask

2 Likes

Certainly looks a lot like the Twintex composite (swear I read this somewhere here). Seems to come as a prepeg, so who knows what epoxy is actually used. Trampa themselves may not even know.

4 Likes

super special aircraft grade prepreg you mean

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been assuming it was like a 21oz woven roving.

You may very well have the fabric nailed. That looks exactly like it.

hmm.