šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I have a 12 pack of these.

1 Like

That rayne is pretty :star_struck:
Whatā€™s your truck and motor mount set up?
@rafaelinmissouri

1 Like

No Idea about water instakes, I 3D printed them.

2 Likes

I think its more about water getting inside?

1 Like

Classy job. Fair play.

1 Like

Yep, just rit dye following the instructions on the bottle and the lovely write up by @Anubis. I doubled the dye because itā€™s such a dark color I wanted. Super easy process and no deformation.

Would recommend.

Some time ago I had seen a mesh that they put as ventilation and that the water did not pass but now I cannot find them, you know who sold them

Thanks dude.
It is TB 218 baseplates with the boardnamics 220 hangers and the regular boardnamics mounts with the single clamps.

1 Like

Love when electronics doesnā€™t work right and you have no idea why

4 Likes

Did you just take a still photo and added a blur effect? The front wheels blur is opposite of the direction :sweat_smile:

Youā€™re a blur

1 Like

Dirty little secret this is a composite of two shots put of five attempts, the one with the better blur is the background I also dropped my remote in in the foreground shot which had a much faster shutter speed and didnā€™t look as exciting :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I know its probably too late to change anything, but as a design choice wouldnā€™t a slidable switch be better? I just feel like a toggle button for your lights is something that could be easily hit while riding. Super cool to have that control in the remote though.

Edit: oh wait, is it a switch? I canā€™t see it clearly.

1 Like

One of my Mini Remotes that I modified with a toggle switch for the power switch ā€” I used a 3 position ON-OFF-ON toggle switch for this very reason. If you accidentally bump it while riding, itā€™s likely youā€™ll just turn it from ā€œONā€ to ā€œONā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome haha! Why did you go with that type of toggle? Iā€™m realizing now that buttons/toggles might have better waterproofing options than switches as well.

1 Like

That was my initial idea, but I didnā€™t have any in hand unfortunately, but in this place I never have my hand on while riding

Will change in the future so you can have more modes by using a number of presses

Now to troubleshoot why the hell the lights enter is party mode anytime the motor is on

1 Like

Oh brother. Sheā€™s a beauty :drooling_face::ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

You powering a buck converter for the lights off the main battery? Wonder if the buck is just drawing too much current when powering the lights is it an issue without remote control of the lights? Some caps on the power out to the lights might help to give them some buffer or more caps on the power into the esc so spikes donā€™t get into the power system so much (do this with quads to clean up the power if getting crappy video signal cause of dirty power going into vtx and/or camera)

2 Likes

@DerelictRobot how do you like those trucks any difference with matrix II?

3 Likes

Well, ask me in a few weeks when Iā€™ve got some decent mileage under my belt.

But if they donā€™t break under normal use theyā€™re already ahead in my books.

5 Likes