šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Yeah i kinda feel there may have been more at play than what the video covered, but just an insight from a good builder who doesnā€™t necessarily join in the dumpster fire that is esk8.news.

1 Like

2 Likes

Needs about 100% more railgun!

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to get that surface locally in order to make a textured enclosure

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got one of your Evo enclosures on hand, itā€™s going lavender epoxy, deck deep purple. the purple texture is going on the bottom of a mov-e that I might not be able to let go of. Faux leather with a fabric backing. Check for local fabric shops, some good stuff to be found, Iā€™m probably going back tomorrow or the next day. Last time I was just scouting it out.

2 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/pictures-and-nothing-else/30415/9685?u=mr.electronicist

@Venom121212 I eventually want to try to make a DIY onewheel, like in : DIY Onewheel Hoverboard. Mainly because it doesnā€™t seem like floatwheel is still selling hubs. I was also thinking about some 4WD mini go karts. I found them on Craigslist for 20 bucks each because of bad batteries. I went there to grab 4 for 60 bucks and the seller had 11 in the back of his CRV. He proceeded to ask 70 bucks for all 11 and I couldnā€™t say no.

7 Likes

22wd

6 Likes

Unfortunately they have the ESCā€™s that arenā€™t hackable. So I would need 22 Vescā€™s to make that happen lol.

2 Likes

butā€¦
Skatipedeā€¦

4 Likes

u have enough to make 5 mini gokart + a 2wd scooter

1 Like

Ahh interesting.

NGL, I pictured skatipede too

5 Likes

If you pursue the mini karts or even just want to drop ideas/inspiration/thoughts, let me know. Been working on karts recently and would love to share notes.

2 Likes

a-giant-skateboard-wheel-skateboard-89761

8 Likes

spintend sells a lower kv version. Pair it with 16s and a spintend ubox single and youā€™ll have yourself quite the machine.

Ahh thanks! I didnā€™t realize they sold them. Do you know if itā€™s the wider stator like the floatwheel one?

@Venom121212 will do! I might not get to the karts till this summer though, currently in my last semester of college and my senior design projects taking all of my free time.

3 Likes

Nope, those are unobtaniaum. It should be fine though, apparently the higher KV of the floatwheel hub makes that thing run hotter than the smaller stator phubs since you need to dump so much more current into there. You can even get the funwheel kit (just the rails and sensors I suppose) and the motor/ESC from spintend. fungineers.tech

Did you 3D print those panel mounts for the phase wires?

Yeah dude, the pass through piece is TPU, the routing pieces are petg

1 Like

If you need a perfect fitting tail bone, I know a super cute boy who designed one.

1 Like

Tomibois short enclosure fits the edges like a glove. Matter fact it fits damn near every deck I have right now. Double stack hosoi? 12s4p of 21700ā€™s? Helllll yeah.
I wasnā€™t kidding about the menu though. Itā€™s literally being added to my menu.

1 Like