🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Depends on the brand. Some of the ones I tried don’t, particularly if they’re thicker, but others will stick to literally everything by static alone.

I use this, and it’s great stuff. It’s cheap and a roll lasts for like 5 years.

I mean they won’t stick to epoxy or silicone et cetera.

1 Like

Bruh your enclosure is so big you’ll need bigger wheels to lift it up off the ground.

Gotta get those 350mm pneumies

1 Like

@glyphiks ahhh this is such a smart use of those fishpaper scraps

3 Likes

I love this look - reminds me off skyline r34 taillights.

Too bad they’re all going to be out of sync when you actually use them as brake lights :sweat_smile:

They’re not precise enough to match trigger points

3 Likes

I really like this look too, I thought having one on each side on mine was cool, but this is even better

Thanks guys!
I saw this on another board and loved it so much I just had to copy it.
The R34 definitely was an idol though.

I have to see, maybe I’ll just say fuck it and just use them as lights without the brake function.
I think I will have to fit a camera to see how much they’re out of whack when braking, they’re still cheap chinese lights after all :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

now someone 3d print a shell and stick it on :joy:

1 Like

I have a dream of making a shell of the ghost busters car to put over an esk8… and then dressing up as the marshmallow man to ride it… halloween dreams

5 Likes

that’s gonna be hot af

2 Likes

Shouldnt you dress up as Bill Murray and have someone else dress up as the mashmallow man?

1 Like

I figure a giant ghostbuster on top of a scale car wouldn’t look as true to life as the marshmallow man… and who doesn’t love the marshmallow man!?

3 Likes

i’ve been one for years!

2 Likes

Needs moar silicone jacket?

1 Like

Lol needs more attention to detail. I’m not convinced this is a viable method for my needs. It was a fun experiment tho, and the part will be usable, so it’s a win

2 Likes

Can you finish the part well and make fibreglass moulds from it?

3 Likes

I could but i wouldn’t want to. By the time the part is finished well, it’s ready to use! And i only need one!

2 Likes

I think if you had split the inner mold too, this would have been easier. :thinking:

1 Like

Possibly. If the inner mold was split, it’d probably need to be split on a decent angle.

My biggest issues here were too many areas with zero draft, and lazy surface preparation

4 Likes