Remotes Supporting Multiple Receivers (SERIOUS)

Its actually called a bind plug. Hobby shops sell them. Basically a servo plug with said pins looped. Enertion should sell the remote /receiver with it as part of the package but that is testament to how little they actually know about rc communication. Every remote you buy for other RC applications come with a bind plug even if the system is auto bind. Its a way to bypass the auto function should you have issues with pairing.

I just listed some free bind plugs if you need one

Fark multiple receivers, I just want one that’s immune to this.

3 Likes

Use a wired nunchuck remote and a wiiceiver

1 Like

Details?

@tomiboi’s remote does

2 Likes

@JJHoyt do the Hoyt puck remotes support multiple paired receivers?

1 Like

not concurrently. for safety reasons, the puck can only be paired with one receiver at a time.

3 Likes

OSSR supports multiple receivers.

2 Likes

What is the procedure to set it up?

1 Like

Install two receivers. Use one of these to program them https://www.amazon.com/XBee-USB-Adapter-Communication-Interface/dp/B07NYFBDCG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=Waveshare+XBee+USB+Adapter+USB+Communication+Board+with+Xbee+Interface+Supports+XBee+Connectivity&qid=1575516171&sr=8-2 . Vesc tool that shit. Ride redundantly.

3 Likes

I added a note at the top. This is for products supporting it, not for rewriting firmware or reengineering the product.

1 Like

Would this really be any different than having to bind two fancy receivers? Genuine question.

1 Like

No. Brian doesn’t know what he’s talking about. We’re also not talking about old RC remotes that people used in the 90’s. This is technology. We want to be able to control our devices.

1 Like

Im very aware of the technology that you speak of. Im just more curious as to understanding why it would be different. Love to understand who thinks what and why.

1 Like

If one Rx has no signal, the other Rx that has signal sends to the ESCs, or what does this do?

1 Like

I think it’s in the case of one receiver per ESC, so if one receiver stops receiving, atleast one ESC retains control and can be used for braking or something similar. Some consider this as a method of redundancy.

3 Likes

I would think this too.

2 Likes

Also applies to esc’s, which fail more regularly. One goes, you still got one left with control.

2 Likes

If someone can create a switch that detects when an Rx has no signal and then switches, combining that with a buddy box might give actual dual crossover redundancy to at least PPM controllers.

1 Like