Redstar | DIY onewheel

I don’t know about that motor, but I have discovered the @Fungineers motor has a 60mm stator

(the red sealant is from me)

phub-141:  45mm x 99mm stator  (346396mm³)
phub-188:  50mm x 99mm stator  (384884mm³)
phub-167S: 50mm x 105mm stator (432951mm³)
Fungineer: 60mm x 99mm stator  (461861mm³)
XR:        70mm x 106mm stator (617731mm³)
Float:     95mm x 99mm stator  (731280mm³)
12 Likes

So you do get 1 cm more stator with the 800W version then, good to know :thinking: It’s a shame it wasn’t available when I got mine. Luckily mine’s still trucking along fine after ~500 km on it, and since the delta mod brings it to a perfect (for me) Kv range I guess I’ll defer the upgrade for now, should put in the temp sensor for peace of mind…

Thanks for reporting it! What are you using that motor for by the way?

That wasn’t a PeiPei motor, that’s the Fungineers motor

3 Likes

Different in name only.

2 Likes

and shaft length and termination I hear

Really? It doesn’t make sense for slow speed motors like this be anything else than wye terminated :thinking: It would be interesting to know where these motors really come from. I managed to convince Peipei to make a custom shaft for mine so I can’t comment on that.

1 Like

lol sorry I actually meant axle termination like it has custom end for locking into the rail mounts. By termination could have also just meant the connectors think they might not have the useless ones peipei has.

1 Like

Yeah, could be that. Although the stock Peipei does look similar to the Fungineers one, just has the nuts screwed onto the threads, there’s the flat cutouts visible:

Fungineers version:

Mine is a bit odd, it’s 14mm diameter with the cutouts to 10mm with the axle itself thicker than that.

Stock flat Peipei has (atleast in the photos I find) a thinner axle but with the same non-threaded flat ends. Those must have different bearings that the ones on mine and Fungineers.

1 Like

Hi
I read your messages but I wanted to know which engine you will advise me to make a Funwheel ??

I would go with either the Peipei phub-188 800W or it’s Fungineers version. Latter has a temperature sensor which is nice and better documented specs, but they are pretty much the same afaik. And remember atleast a 12S pack with lots of current capacity!

These will be a bit slower than a delta-modded 600W Peipei, but no modding needed, more torque and bigger core so should heat up less.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice . I will therefore choose this one.
For the battery I thought indeed to choose 12s but I do not know the exact specs yet.

Excuse me for my english, it is not perfect.

1 Like

Don’t worry, your English seems fine enough!

If you will use 18650 cells I would go for 3p if you can fit it to get more current capacity. 2p has also worked for many, but I know that in emergencies my board is using pretty much all the 12s3p VTC6 pack can give. Maybe even a very high power cell like the VTC5A or Lipo would do good.

There can be too little current capacity, but never too much :smile:

1 Like

oh thanks. It will be a first for me to assemble a battery. I will ask to my professor to help me(i don’t want to burn everythings). Security first!!!

Yeah, too much is never enought

hello
I did some research and I found this bms with this specs: 12s 60A 3.7V. Do you think it’s a good idea (i will buy a 36v or 48v 800w motor, it’s probably the same)

That bms should work fine, used one from the same maker in the first battery. It might be a good idea to connect it as charge only, since you don’t want to cut power in a onewheel. Imagine what happens if the BMS cuts out due to voltage sag :wink: If done like that, you can use a smaller, lower capacity model too, but must remember not to leave board switched on.

1 Like

Wouaw thanks for the advice. I had not thought of this detail, but it is true that the consequences would not be great.

Hey
Do you know if Samsung 25R are good?
Because the sony VTC 6 are very expensive

I have not used that battery but looks like it has quite a lot of voltage sag, so higher internal resistance. Definitely would not do 2p with those.

Is the Samsung 30Q too expensive for you? It is cheaper than the VTC6 and very nearly as good.

2 Likes

Oh yes the price is not too expensive. I will look at it.
And with this can we use a 48v Motor? If I make a 12S2P

As far as I know the different voltage options on the Peipei motors do nothing, it’s all the same.

1 Like