Raspberries and Blueberries | Venom Mach 1 Magnum | Haya | Focbox 1.7 | Surf-Rodz RKP | 5065 | 12s4p 30q | Metr Pro | Anti SparK? | OSRR @DerelictRobot? |

It lives! Kinda. Kept having problems with what I think was traction control but wasn’t sure at the time. Threw another reciever in there thinking that was my problem but still had weird things. Turned off TC and they spin the same amount per throttle input so I’m calling it good. Perhaps I’ll try single reciever again with the problem sorted.

No more time for a ride tonight so tomorrow I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes

Phew, it runs great!
d407a41820a1cd1fe1a9f8740af4440792f959b3_2_690x388 0ac5d2a0af2e9b4d4cf5454499c4da1a1470033e_2_690x388 16e98d85f2924259b176ec58f5c8310e6c5eb882_2_690x388 109db1ad7cbc093d3dd260e3256e74d412bb0fc4_2_690x388
It totally brings back the feel of my first DIY. I remember urethane being so smooth and buttery and this does not disappoint and on some of the rougher roads they are even smoother than the old caguamas I had before and transferred to my recreational push board. Of course there’s still some roads I won’t go on but that’s ok. This thing rolls forever too like the Carvons. Doesn’t sound as cool in FOC though :blush: Intended to use BLDC but VESC tool had other ideas during motor detection. I’ll leave it :man_shrugging:

I thought it was super underpowered at first but after pulling the trigger 100% a few times I realized the throttle curve is much different than what I’m used to so it does have some pep. Could up the settings a tad but it’s so hot here in summer I probably won’t. I should at least get used to it! Gotta make the brakes a bit stronger too.

The problem at hand. No ground clearence on these CF mounts and they are shredding rather than grinding down. Lots o bolts golding it to the collar so while it looks gross I hope it will be good until I get off my wallet and order metal ones.

10/10 would build again. The Haya makes it so easy!

I had hoped to get Metr. logs but I broke the antenna off ages ago and now it’s connection range is like a foot. Not quite to my phone in my jacket pocket… Back to the 'ol GPS until I so something about that. I must also wire the power switch in as removing the lid is tedious just to turn it off. Waiting on my latest and biggest drill bit for that. Hole is just too small. (that’s what she said)

11 Likes

The mounts I was using on my board were really low profile, 45mm outside diameter at the truck. I had some scrapes but aluminum holds up fine

4 Likes

Could you just trim the CF mounts back, so they hang no lower than the aluminium clamps?

Out of interest… (I have the deck, trucks, mounts, wheels & pulleys just sitting, unused and waiting in my garage). Any wheelbite issues with that setup?

1 Like

I should have trimmed the bottom of the mounts down before I rode it. Now they are splitting slightly.

There is a smidge of wheelbite on hard lean, a 1/4" riser should take care of that. Sure rides nice!

Allen key storage lol

9 Likes

Power switch now in.

5 Likes

Is it a waterproof one?

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve put enough effort into it to call it “waterproof” but definitley water resistant. I’d take this through light rain and some puddles. Hurracanes? That’s what the MTB is for.

2 Likes

Oh the switch, not the board. Not stock I don’t think but I added a ring of silicone in the bottom (that I used to extend it out) and I filled the rest of the inside hole too. Water would have a hard time getting in.

4 Likes

3 Likes

How’re the axles holding up? Any play on them again?

Not yet, they seem to be in good.

2 Likes

I installed my akhlut axles about a month ago and have put about 50 miles on them. So far they have been rock solid with no play. The index rings make a huge difference with preventing rotation during acceleration/braking. I’m also using crossbars which probably also help as well.

1 Like

I’ve put a fuck ton on mine but after a bit I got a slight few degrees of play with my mounts. It’s redone now and I think it wont move ever again tbh. What’s nice is that index ring prevents it from ever shifting more then the play it has on the hanger. Never have to worry about that axle going anywhere lol. But then again, the whole drive train is legit held together by those 2 bolts through the ring and clamp :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Gotcha. So your motor mounts are shifting? Not the axles?

My motor mount plates are drilled holes (not slots) so I don’t think they are capable of shifting very much:

2 Likes

@monsterbuilder My whole assembaly (axle + mount) shifted becasue of that spacer I’m using in between each axle and hanger. The collar couldn’t get a good enough grip on the hanger to be stuck where it should be so I replaced the 5mm washer with a 3mm or 2mm one each side. No problems since. Because it wasn’t fully on, it could shift side to side slightly. I lost my shims but has spare nickel if I truly need it.

For context (anyone who doesn’t already know) I’m using a spacer there because the axles seem a tad too long for the 150mm hanger. I could be wrong but I don’t want to force it in.

There’s a couple degrees they can shift but nothing past that. I don’t see a way for them to completely unscrew unless you lose all your bolts in it.

1 Like

Yep, I was afraid of that very same thing. Here is how much I was able to thread my axles into the 150mm hanger:

2 Likes

See I just torqued the bitch all the way down. I beleive it is the same size as the hole cutout in the surfrodz. Required a little oomph but its on there now. My index ring is what had play but that was fixed by using thicker nickel. Had to tap it into place to fit and now its rock solid. I wish I could get a set of these for my Evo but Idk if they’re being made anymore.

3 Likes