Raspberries and Blueberries | Venom Mach 1 Magnum | Haya | Focbox 1.7 | Surf-Rodz RKP | 5065 | 12s4p 30q | Metr Pro | Anti SparK? | OSRR @DerelictRobot? |

the coating burns off when soldering, so no need to do that

Had I given it enough heat; it might have. Soldering on it’s own did not get it hot enough to burn off. Just warmed some wires up and made some solder that wouldn’t stick to the wires.

Although I’m thinking I should have just basted them with a jet torch instead of the grinding.

true that would be the best way to do it, I always worry about the phasewires breaking…

1 Like

Yah I had to be careful with the thin strands of wire. Having the sander tip of my dremel rotating down the wire rather than up kept them all straight and didn’t fuck them up. I could have done a better job as my solder didn’t quite stick as well as I’d have liked but it’s good enough imo. The wires hold and I think it still works!

Motor plates finally arrived!

The screws I used to mount the plates are too long for the motor so I can’t mount those yet. I’ll cut down some of these long ones I have lying around.

6 Likes

There’s interference between the mount and the deck on hard lean so im sanding down that portion of the mount by maybe a millimeter or two. Risers are NOT an option!

I’m starting to regret using that many screws! I take it on and off, on and off, etc.

5 Likes

Comparison

5 Likes

Ok, I stole some motor screws from my shortboard so the drivetrain is hooked up. Remind me to get more blue loctite.

A riser I cut up to level out the deck from the split angles and additional motor clearance

290mm 12mm belts. I could do with 300’s. Phase wires are the perfect length! I think I need a crossbar too as these mounts flex a bit

7 Likes

Not much happening yet but the 12s4p still in the works. Whole drivetrain has just been loctited and I replaced some of the shims on the axle with actual spacers.

6 Likes

Just realized, those were my wheels :laughing:

1 Like

Is the arm almost the same diameter as the wheel?

1 Like

Haha almost, there’s some clearance. The road will grind them down a bit if I don’t do it myself.

1 Like

P groups are here! I think it’s time to upgrade from my 18 Watt Weller so i have a TS 80 on the way. After some practice with it I’m exited to begin connecting them up and whatnot.

I think I might make the fish paper between groups a bit longer. It wants to peel up slightly at the ends but it’s pretty sticky.

1 Like

The batteries are done.
Well not really. I must redo the shrink wrap as it split and cracked with my too hot lighter & kapton the ends. Need hair dryer or something.
Practically done!

I could have done the balance leads neater but otherwise I had a good time putting it together with what I think is good success. Batteries really are quite a bit of work! Nice to put it together myself too (for better worse lol). Kidding. I’m sure it will perform wonderful. So far everything is in line.

2 Likes

Those joints my guy…you’re gonna at least hide them with a layer of fish paper right? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I wrote it in after posting. Realised I missed them so it’s a good thing the shrink isn’t right.

2 Likes

Yeah just hide them from the world :grin:

2 Likes

Haha better @ZachTetra?

2 Likes

Could do with some shrink wrap on top but otherwise much more :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Managed to fit in the anti spark switch and made the wire harnesses. Power switch and shrink wrap next as well as final water-resistance steps. Likely enough room for a BMS had I gone that route.

4 Likes