Raptor owners scavenge grounds

Will do, I’ll try to find a set that doesn’t reek of failure.

1 Like

Too late we know where they came from

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be hard to solve that groovy mystery but not just going to name drop outright.

2 Likes

send one that’s toasted but externally sound to Jeff NEO for some good thane sleeves/outers to be made, should take his engineers approx. 37 seconds to have a prototype designed and produced. :thinking:

5 Likes

I would but the actual design of these things was pretty shit, Jeff’s already got a good thing going with the neoHubs.

3 Likes

That’s fair, I’ve been told you can watch the thane expand off the hub when bench testing them and the knurlings do virtually nothing to actually secure the sleeve so it’s just the bolts on the side. If anyone can help the hungry scavengers out it’s him tho.

1 Like

Or don’t because they’re badly flawed and new thane won’t change that.

3 Likes

I want to like them so bad… they’re just not what they should be.

That part is true. He’s capability itself.

I wonder if working better would be a 2 part process where inner 'thane was a higher duro and it had a lower duro 'thane on the outside?

Or perhaps if it wasn’t a separate piece, but was molded on the motor itself as a single inseparable core?

Because motor only lock PU by side it not protect from expand. This mean PU not wear even and no protect from heat.

For this motor it need nylon cast for ring between motor and PU and need fixing PU to back of motor also. Can fix many of problem.

12 Likes

Meepo does the inseparable method, where you’re essentially taking the entire can off, magnets and all, to change thane. The 90mm’s aren’t the best but they’re 100mm seem to last quite a long time. Could be a good fix for the rspec hubs

4 Likes

You can literally feel the heat stress in the thane when you pick them up, it’s hard and cracked and potted along the inside…

3 Likes

Because PU not lock to motor is just float. For our hub we add lock groove and PU slide into motor and cannot moving. This design for this motor I no understanding. Maybe have gap for air cool but then PU is loose.

12 Likes

Yeah it really makes me scratch my head with some of these design choices.

3 Likes

I not knowing his design. Maybe can add machine groove to outside of motor

1 Like

@Dred what is you talking about… Raptor 2 hub is next level patent pending STATOR CORE COOL! :smiley:

6 Likes

Related note there’s about three iterations of BMS/AS PCBs here

2 Likes

THAT’S who it was. I remember someone did the entire can swap and couldn’t remember who it was. Seems expensive but kinda smart.

1 Like

And I taught finding outerwheels was hard… not for you :joy: