Raptor owners scavenge grounds

I definitely take 2 sets

Thank you friend. I send back for you with new PU when finish.

5 Likes

I think if change setting for lower amp to motor it can be ok.

Torque will already take a hit due to the bigger wheels, if we were to also reduce the motor Amps then I think we’d lose the main reason we like R2 for. Personally I’d be happy with 90mm, even if I had to replace them once or twice a year.

But the primary concern is that I have something I can use so I’ll buy whatever you make :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think for 90mm wheel maybe not enough PU for make last long. When we getting motor we take some measure and run some calculation for make best case.

5 Likes

I’m relatively close to finishing my 90mm molds, I’ll let you know if it can hold up or need more PU. I just know that with 97, a lot of torque was lost and the board was not as fun to ride.

2 Likes

Maybe we focus on 90mm then so can not loose too much for torque. I perform some test with motor when we receive so can find perfect for torque and heat. I just worry for being too thin. We have the PU can using already which we use for some industrial customer.

1 Like

90mm is very thin PU, that is the tough part with this motor. It is so big and it heats up significantly too, the motor design is fundamentally bad, so the PU needs to be carefully engineered to overcome both problems.

1 Like

To be fair, for some reason the very first formula of R2.0 90mm lasted me for a good time -like I mentioned above I had over 500miles with only superficial cracks.

Of course safety first and I don’t know how many problems the previous engineers had already worked around, so I just hope whatever lifetime the wheels end up having, they start failing gradually so that we get the chance to notice. Other than that, for me changing outwheels every 500 or so miles is a fair price to pay for having this amount of torque on hubs. After going through refitting the Backfire Ranger’s tires, I swear I won’t complain about it being a pain :slight_smile:

I think if we make right it can last for many thousand km. I think the big problem is from heat and that can be fix using the correct PU formula. We have expeerience for making high temp PU for some of our industrial customer and I think this can working for these motor. We also make some shape change so better for resist to cracking and break.

11 Likes

Thanks Jeff, we are all quite excited. I vote for bigger wheels, as there is enough torque anyways. I find it way more comfortable to ride with, concerning bumps and cracks in the road.

2 Likes

Might be a good idea actually if jeff is going to work on bigger wheels, I’m going to keep trying to make 90mm work and maybe there will be more options to choose from if we both succeed and the raptor can live on for awhile longer.

1 Like

I kinda curious too see your work @BluPenguin

1 Like

I think 100mm, sacrificing performance for longevity is a fair trade off.

The main objective at this stage (for most people) is getting some out-wheels that will sustain these motors until they achieve a reasonable service life, and provide some value for money.

2 Likes

Couldn’t describe it better

We will do some test with this motor and PU to find best setting for using. I will ask my engineer to make report after we making Pu sample can share for friend.

1 Like

Going to unload these. PM me if you’re interested!

Also have 8 sets of these baseplates

4 Likes

What the use for these baseplates, i mean why would we want them?

Anyway i’m also looking for new PU sleeves for the motors.

The fact that people keep washing up on this thread from nowhere looking for parts tells me the new sleeves will sell lol.

6 Likes

Who knows, maybe there will be enough buyers for two batches, one 90mm and one 100mm to keep everyone happy :slight_smile:

1 Like