Raptor owners scavenge grounds

Say whot? How to google?
Edit: nvm: dotboards.com

Shitty mold attempt to find flaws. Modifying a few things on the printed enclosures for better separation and going for the actual PU mold this weekend.

10 Likes

look at my post above here. If you want to be safe, coat your electronics.
You sealed the edges, but water can go straight trough your truck following the motorleads and you’ll end up having the same issue.

You are absolutely right, As I just experienced. However, my issue had an extra cause

I would never have found this if it didn’t burn a hole in the shrink wrap. Been driving around with this and breaking my head about what the issue actually was. I hope this is the last bad soldering I find in this contraption.
Isn’t there some sort of liquid rubber we could pour into our casing to radically waterproof the whole thing?

Yeah, you could “pot” it all. But then it’s hard to troubleshoot in case of an issue.
The die hard method is to just leave the PCB out and straightwire to your unity. Requires some soldering, but it removes a weak spot in the connection.

Hi everyone,

Can someone suggest a good balanced BMS for a stock Raptor 2.1?

Bestech D140. I’m right smack in the middle of replacing my stock BMS with one, give me a day or two and I can tell you how easy/difficult it is.

1 Like

Llt smart BMS 60A.

7 Likes

What is that 3 pin jst on the bms for? Is that uart? wut?

1 Like

4pin that is for the bluetooth module. So you can check the voltage off your battery and can swap out the non waterproof lcd.

3 Likes

Sounds like every Raptor 2 I’ve owned…

2 Likes

Oh, I see it now. I traced the wires to the remote receiver for some reason. That thing is pretty neat actually. Massive but I guess the space works well for it

1 Like

Yeah the space is just perfect for this mod. I have 2 other boards coming for the same mod. Those 2.1 bms’s are crap. I have a board with 3 dead p groups and 7 overcharged groups to 4,3v

2 Likes

FWIW:

1 Like

Thanks!

Is your BMS and the original BMS 11pin connector fitted? the common (B1) look’s inverted on my futur BMS… (36V 60A)

1 Like

I picked up the raptor 2.1 that I sold its dead.
I’m getting 36v after the fuse so power going to the focbox when I press the power button no one is home…does this look like the focbox is dead

Did you check to make sure it’s not just the power button that’s bad?

What pins do I need to cross

Switch port, touch a little something to the 2 MOM (momentary) pins. Don’t need to hold it there.

2 Likes