Raptor owners scavenge grounds

The only good Raptor was the Raptor 1, mine is still going after close to 10000 km. We had a Raptor 2 in the lab and I was curious to see the “precision” trucks with my own eyes. We removed the hanger from the baseplate, and plonk the kingpin fell out. Precision as hell … very disappointing first impression …

4 Likes

There’s some irony in that, OG Raptor being better than the “upgrade”.

1 Like

@SeanHacker maybe want one :grin:

7 Likes

Lol I just want to get rid of these. I want everything Enertion out of my life.

10 Likes

Refer to the above…

Not wanting another deathtrap.

2 Likes

I am the proud owner of Sean’s Raptor2. It got parted out and now lives on as the infamous WAPTOR, best worst build of 2019.

3 Likes

I just bought a raptor. Do I qualify for special ed disability?

2 Likes

Shouldve bought it off the enertion site before they stopped taking orders after the ages they took money without fulfilling any orders.

2 Likes

any more raptor2.1’s for sale?

Why would you want to buy one @pandasurge. The act of buying a raptor 2/2.1 is basically throwing your money into the toilet. 8 hours on forum, browsing around only for raptor parts. Who are you, Jason?

if you know just a little bit about electronics youll find that 99% of them are easily fixable. Alot of the problems come down to crap soldering

Pretty sure the spacecells cells sag badly, and from this forum, I can’t depict anything good regarding the hub sleeves besides not being able to get new ones ever, and that they get destroyed really easily. I guess for a cheap price, you can fix it up, but it probably won’t be worth it in the end.

i really need a couple of the bms’s . Anyone have the original bms from raptor2.1 that they want to sell?

To be fair, it looks like a really good, compact last mile vehicle with a nice kicktail to get around in a city with a hub drive that is good enough to rival belt/gear drives without the extra parts and noise.

I might regret the purchase but to me it looks like a great alternative to throw in a car for a short hop vs the massive sleds I’ve been lugging around.

1 Like

Don’t be fooled, it is a heavy motherfucker.

@pandasurge shitty soldering is among the last of the raptor’s problems. The first and foremost problem is the hub motors that heat up far too easily and destroy the urethane sleeves. Along with the facts that the urethane sleeves are now unobtainium and nobody is willing to make an aftermarket replica, buying a raptor at this point in time seems a lot like flushing money down the toilet.

@Resonant I haven’t had any issues with battery sag on my raptor. As far as I am aware, they are legitimate 30q cells in a 10s4p, any sagging or battery problems would likely be caused by the bms or shoddy production of the battery. I haven’t opened my battery up to inspect but probably should… or I could just ride it til it dies and then scrap it… probably the latter.

1 Like

How heavy is it exactly? I remember picking one up and it’s way lighter than anything in my collection so far. Nice carry handle too lol.

I suggest you simulate a flat battery in the middle if your ride :stuck_out_tongue: you will know how heavy it is.

1 Like

Heavy enough to not be considered a ‘last mile commuter’ in my opinion…

Oh and also in my opinion… the kicktail is almost useless on such a heavy board. It’s useable but it’s difficult to use and is more of a con than a pro… hence why I gave my deck away after a couple of rides

1 Like

Look, I’m not supporting enertion’s decision making, but I am a huge supporter of the raptor.
Most of the claims here, need to be backed.
My biggest frustration over the years is that indeed the R2 was marketed as being waterproof (actual wording splashproof)

The biggest issues with the R2.0

• not waterproof (unless you DIY and it’s not that hard)
  • useless BMS and switch circuit
  • bad heat dissipation of the rear axle without monitoring
  • 8mm axle weakness

The biggest issues with the R2.1

• still not waterproof (unless you DIY and it’s not that hard)
  • even worse BMS design
  • motor assembly issues

Aside from that, there are 2 or more bad quality urethane batches out there.
Mine have lasted over 800km’s and I’m on my third set in total (2017-now)

Waterproof your electronics and all the possible ingress holes of your raptor (including the display area) and clean your bearings after every wet ride.

Replace all the chinese hardware to german stainless steel standards including the cheap chinese bearings.

You bought this raptor at a bargain price (even after the kickstarter, preorders), you want to compare it to other brands, then you need to have the same starting price or see that other companies have a shitload of extra money to cover their support. But you also shouldn’t expect to NEVER have a problem on a system you drive to it’s limitations, which is basically an RC car with your full weight on it.

I’m here to help and be constructive. These three beauties speak for themselves (2016-now)

Even after 2+ years, there is still nothing on the market that outruns a raptor 2

9 Likes

Yeah but no more sleeves

3 Likes