RAMM Board "SLR" (anyone interested in a prototype?)

Dude, that’s brutal. So sorry to hear this, and I hope @Drang tries to make it up to you somehow.

7 Likes

Sucks but this type of stuff happens sometimes.

2 Likes

Yep it does suck, I have never been looking to make money off these decks, as production costs were too high anyway for such a small quantity. I was initially looking just to cover costs, but now I’m at a loss and I haven’t even got going.

I am more annoyed that he wasn’t honest with regards to his situation when I first approached him . I think he used the funds I sent to just prop him up for a period.

I wasted three months waiting, when I could have been sourcing the decks elsewhere.

7 Likes

I’m sorry this happened :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

That is so tremendously f*****.
I knew that guy was a dirtbag.
No wonder him and Jason seem to hit it off

9 Likes

How much money does he owe you?

6 Likes

@sender enough that it hurts.

It’s a real pain as I was looking to have a prototype running for the summer months here in Perth, test it, then start shipping to a few guys here on this forum.

Perhaps would have sent one over to you to work your magic!

6 Likes

how did you pay him?
hope not paypal “friends and family”?

Pretty sure we have members that live near him.

So sorry to hear this brother. Shame of it is is that anyone of us would have steered you another direction. Hope you carry on with the project though.

2 Likes

What kind of monster would do this to you?

4 Likes

Jason.

3 Likes

Hey @Adstars! Sorry for bringing up an old wound but I was talking to drang and they said it was still in the works? Anything new happened or are they still just sending lies etc?

I’ve paid him upfront, no chance of getting my money back, so I’m hoping he produces the goods. He still contacts me without prompting, which is a good sign, and I understand things happen and companies struggle, but it’s been 7 months so I’m not holding out much hope. You never know. I do have another manufacturer ready to go and will probably pull the trigger after Christmas is done and dusted.

4 Likes

Nice! He said

Which I’m not too sure how much I trust…

1 Like

I really hope things work out for you.

2 Likes

Was he talking about my deck or are you asking him to build a custom?

The CAD was done by me, he has made a couple of mods to make it easier for the CNC. The model was ready almost the 7 months ago.

He seems like a decent guy, but he took my cash knowing his company was struggling.

I hope he pulls through and delivers, then perhaps I would recommend, but until then, I would stay away.

2 Likes

I had asked about your deck and a custom… He said a custom would take at least 2 months, and that your deck the response from the pic above…

2 Likes

The outfitting a new shop was an excuse he gave me some 7 months ago.

Wait, let’s see if he delivers to me.

3 Likes

:+1: Hopefully!

1 Like