RAMM Board "SLR" (anyone interested in a prototype?)

Cocaine is expensive in certain places.

6 Likes

Hopefully @Drang will be able to pull through economic challenges and deliver if this is the case. I have worked some on a custom deck for esk8 with him and he seems like a very skilled, nice and a enthusiastic person.

2 Likes

Too many ā€˜nice guysā€™ not enough ā€˜delivering guysā€™

10 Likes

Yes, I would say It does count. Personal relations are really important in business. It doesnā€™t hurt to be nice.

But charging money and not delivering, and even not communicating, is of course not OK.

3 Likes

Even if they are a nice guy?

I dont need vendors to be nice. I need them to sell good products and keep thier word :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Agreed. I would prefer dealing with a dead set cunt who sends product promptly than a nice guy who drags his feet/possibly never delivers.

1 Like

One does not rule out the otherā€¦

1 Like

Not saying it does. But clearly in this thread we are seeing a nice guy who isnā€™t delivering. And itā€™s definitely not the first thread that has gone in this direction.

3 Likes

I think this guy is ā€œniceā€ as and when it suits his interests but thatā€™s just speculation :man_technologist:

3 Likes

I do not know him personally so I canā€™t tellā€¦ Hope it gets solved soon. I do know that I like the Drang decks and would like them to stay in the market

2 Likes

Ok, so itā€™s been a while, Drang Boards came back a few times, making various promises, but I think he was probably looking for me to fund the building of a new workshop for him.

Anyway, my diy lacroix proto build is getting a little long in the tooth, so time for a refresh.

3 prototype decks are now being built (not with Drang boards). Details to follow, over the next few weeks.

So what did I miss?

12 Likes

Things of relevance:

• People are thirsty for Lacroix prototipo decks
  • There are now more truck options for decks with angled tips (Apex airs and Moonā€™s Luna trucks, 3dservisas Finality drive)
  • People are into building larger batteries with 21700 cells, many moving to higher voltages than just 12s.

So if anything, the market demand for a deck like this has only increased :smiley:
Glad to see you back and this project progressing :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks for the update, sounds like I have some reading up to do.

@3DServisas gear was always tempting.

The 21700 cells have been awesome. I remember many questioning why I went with them on my build, as at the time they were very expensive in comparison to 18650s.

6 Likes

build a 4WD EMB and join Bros OffRoad gang?

1 Like

@Skaterboy58 I might try and meet up with you for a beer sometime soon, want to hear about your new build and get your advice on this project.

Oh wow; Iā€™ve only seen this now. Color me interested; itā€™ll be great to have an Australia-based option for an enclosure+deck combo for an AT build Iā€™ve been thinking of doing.

1 Like

Glad that your ill fortune didnā€™t put you off entirely. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

5 Likes

@BillGordon thanks, yep it was a tough pill to swallow.

Anyway, I had a really positive meeting with the manufacturer this morning. The shop is awesome, all the gear I could possibly need. They have some other really cool projects running.

Board and enclosure now being built local here in Perth, so I can keep an eye on it, excited to see the first few prototypes rollout.

7 Likes

Iā€™m modifying the enclosure a little, as I have an opportunity to do so.

The ā€œdeepā€ version will now hold the following 21700 cells. 24 cells in each of the first 5 compartments, and 12 cells the final compartment.

Not sure what configuration I would go for or if this is just too much? 11s12p or perhaps 22s6p. Thatā€™s just stupid??? Would the fibreglass/carbon fibre enclosure even hold that weight?

I will have a slim enclosure with just over half that capacity, room for a total of 72x21700 or 84x18650. Maybe just the slim, that would still be a monster.

2 Likes