R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

On that ride I think it was around 33Wh/Mile? I was riding a bit easier because I had @SeanHacker & my girlfriend (yes you fucks, 2 distinct and different people) on eBikes behind me. Average on LoveChild is probably 30-40ish

6 Likes

That’s as good as a confession, defending oneself before anything is said.

3 Likes

Anyway life stuff keeping me away from longer than commuting rides yet again.

2 Likes

I hear that. Weather getting me here. Luckily, I have a wet road ride at the ready. So once a day for chores, and only a single dry night ride in the last week.

3 Likes

And many a curb to conquer.

2 Likes

I’ve been building another 10 cell 15Ah battery pack from those monster Headway LiFePO4 cells, so no excuses outside of esk8 really. I don’t have a lot of time for that, so it’ll keep me busy for a couple of nights.

1 Like

Do I need an aftermarket heatsink for my vesc? Temp is hitting 180F.

4 Likes

I have started hitting thermal throttling on my Unity running in Lovechild as the warmer weather comes around, so I’m in a similar boat.

5 Likes

Thermal throttling sucks monkey ballz. Time to source an aluminum block

5 Likes

You have any heat sink on it or raw dogging?

2 Likes

I have it deck mounted to my Kaly deck with VHB like a savage.

4 Likes

VHB tape rocks.

3 Likes

One standard morning commute.

1 Like

Yeah, but thermal conductivity is not something it does well.

1 Like

Draw a box with VHB, put thermal paste in the box and then stick it to the deck?

Thermal paste to assist in the heat transfer to… The composite deck?

IDK where @DerelictRobot wants to transfer the heat to? Isn’t carbon a good thermal conductor though?

The Kaly is mostly Fiberglass, only the top/bottom layer are CF. Not enough mass there to do much- Unity is getting replaced by a pair of TB6’s anyway.

LoveChild officially up on the bench tonight to get some 140KVs dropped in.

5 Likes

Is going lower kV a requirement for going high Voltage? Say you’re running 190kV which gives a max speed of 40mph on 12S, would going to 16S mean you’d need to go to 150kV for example?

3 Likes

I see your tricks Gypsy. Trying to get me to admit to the existence of Stormcores in my workshop.

EjyxD

Sorry, @Blasto insists on ‘the good kind of child labor’ (whatever that means) to assemble all the ESCs, so we’ve been waiting for a minute now. These are in preparation for some 18S goodness though.

6 Likes