R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

Hey darlings!

It’s a crazy time in the world today, clearly. With all the chaos going on, I wanted to get up on my trusty soapbox and ask something of all of you:

Ride Every Day.

I’m serious on this- right now is a pretty unique time in the world that will certainly go down the in history books. There’s silver lining here with less people going out and about, but as a lot of us hunker down to keep safe it’s important to exercise and get out in the sunshine if possible.

A lot has changed over the last few weeks. I’ve gone from insane workaholic mode working 80+ hours a week to the wonderful prospect of getting to take some time off this summer and focus on my passions and personal projects.

I realize not everyone has the same freedom or safety involved with going out, but if and when you can, get out there and skate. Be safe, abide by local laws in regards to health/safety, and keep proper social distancing if those things apply to your location. But if you have time to get out there and observe this unique time in history, do it!

Portland is already skate friendly, and with a fraction of the cars on the road it’s never been a better time to get out there and shred.

I’m in no way condoning unsafe behavior. Most of the ‘shelter in place’ initiatives being applied across the US are encouraging people to get out and exercise while maintaining social distancing. Let’s take advantage of spring time with less cars.

Let’s ride every day that we can, and let’s post logs, pictures of yourselves out riding, unique or interesting things that you see.

I’m dropping a new metr pro module into Lovechild and will be posting pictures, logs, and videos of my adventures this summer in this thread. So far I’m averaging 40 miles a day, I’ll see what I can get logged in a month. Maybe have a friendly competition?

PS: esk8ers who may not have come from a background in analog skating, I cannot recommend enough picking this up as something you practice if you have the time. Skating will teach you some core board mechanics that I see a number of newer esk8ers lacking. Despite @Skunk’s nefarious agenda, #dontfuckpushing?

65 Likes

You’re not our real Dad

25 Likes

Ive been doing a run everyday because I dont have a bloody esk8 :joy:

16 Likes

We know.

10 Likes

The absolute epitome of irony

14 Likes

Lazy fucks on esk8s, use your legs next time grandad.

:wink:

10 Likes

Im getting in 3 runs and about 30 miles a day right now around my work at home day, it’s keeping me sane :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Seriously. I just got in from 25 miles on Lovechild, grabbing another carver and going out for another run.

13 Likes

Is anyone up for a Metr Pro log challenge?

Whoever can log/post proof of as many miles in the next 30 days, wins? Leaderboard?

Help me I don’t know what to do with all this time and I need hobbies now that Jason has been neutered.

9 Likes

Great idea! I just took my son out yesterday to fly his new drone for the first time, so we’ll be doing some of that too. And maybe get some “follow me” ESk8 videos with it as well.

Just remember to take it easy and ride well within your abilities and armor up. I think the last thing that anyone wants is for one of us to end up in a crowded emergency room, especially from a recreational injury. And you especially don’t want to get the Coronavirus from a hospital because you sent yourself to it for being underprotected or just a dumbass. :wink:

10 Likes

You got the soft ones Holmes.

Im still riding on those tires. I’ll go take pictures. Haha

5 Likes

I like this initiative! Another friendly reminder, now is not the time to push the limits. Save those hospital beds for the sick

16 Likes

Well let’s fuck off this thread now so you can quit ghosting me then dickhead…

12 Likes

Oh shit. Spice girls coming at me

4 Likes

Yep. So are mine. I have both kinds.

Ones on the left are soft, ones on the right are hard. Same markings ‘nylon 200x50’

Left one has about 1k. Right at over 4k.

Got any more baseless accusations you’d like to get fuckin told on Franny? :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Oh yeah. Haven’t read the tread but just got back from riding :grin:

2 Likes

Want to emphasize this. Great advice.

8 Likes

I actually love the fact that you go through 3-4 sets of tires while I have 70% of my first set left.

7 Likes

@CiscoV FRANNY!! I’m sorry but that’s your name now

5 Likes

you know

fat.

8 Likes