R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

My question was open and honest, but thanks for confirming via unprovoked defence.

2 Likes

5 Likes

That curb is huge dude, your city taxes must be insane.

5 Likes

Out for a quick burn, had a teenager comment at the first traffic light: “My friend has one, but not like that.”

Now I don’t know about you, but kids providing positive feedback lights up my day! :+1:t2::+1:t2:

Anyway, I think I can do with a bit more speed right around now. Starting to carve hard at +40kph.

7 Likes

anyone who states the contrary is lying. only the most enlightened do not seek approval from the younger generation. and those enlightened few would not comment to the contrary!

1 Like

Short ride yesterday on some nearby trails, I flew by a dude on a dirtbike, he looked really suprised but finally gave me a thumbs up :love_you_gesture: I’d like to think @kook would be proud of me :wink:

10 Likes

living a good live (sorta, not really)

9 Likes

Home time earlier today. Say what you want about esk8 commuting, it gets me out daily, which is more than many dads with young kids can say.

3 Likes

Yup, feel the same way. It turns a chore into an outing.

3 Likes

I took my board to the bmx park the other day and there were so many kids crushing jumps and transfers. I’m there to try out my heel straps for the first time so the pressure is high. There are roughly 20 kids at the top of the hill watching. I went for the medium lane and luckily crushed the first jump.

I could hear an Audible “OOOOOOOH!” behind me. It made me feel cool :nerd_face:

Sound :up:

8 Likes

Are you clearing those tabletops?

2 Likes

Yeah buddy! Idk what the name of the 3rd ramp is but I couldn’t clear that one at all. I got my front wheels over it once but still would hit my rear.

I want someone to go with me and get some side footage. I brought the selfie stick but shame got the best of me.

2 Likes

That’s impressive. Yeah, more video vantage points would be cool.

It was much less impressive when I saw a 5 year old slaying the advanced lane on his tiny bmx to his dad’s critiques :confused:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: kids these days are killing it!

5 Likes

At least he’s properly kitted out. Nothing cooler than a little rager!

6 Likes

You aren’t wrong. This is at a newly rebuilt high school. One of several school rebuilds in my district. And a reason for many property tax hikes.

2 Likes

I need to make a binding/lunch box board, I live in the city so it wouldn’t get as much use as the others but that all looks too fun not to try out. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I love that board. It’s my IDGAF board. It can get smashed to pieces and still truck on. The total maintenance time on that thing is honesty probably under an hour for close to a year of riding. It’s currently covered in mud and charged up for a ride in the woods.

But first we have some dumb quarantine trend going around where the fire department and police will blare sirens through the neighborhood and a trail of cars follow and honk while driving by someone’s house for their birthday.

I was in panic the first time it happened. Legit grabbed my gun and investigated (from the windows of course)

1 Like

I wish I could pay more taxes :frowning: Housing is stupid expensive in Denver, yet the property taxes are a quarter of what they are back in Ohio. Wonder why we’re like 47th in school funding…

1 Like