R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

Commuted this morning, then out for a quick lunchtime burn trying out @Saltyfingore’s carving techniques.

It not only works, but my carving feels more stylish too. Thanks mate!

3 Likes

some half arsed repairs on my Bajaboard got me away from all these assholes using ALL of my paved routes these days, so glad I did :slight_smile:

reminded me why I need to mod to a topbox… no trail here… looks like some walkers took a shortcut … worth a try

made it this far then grounded like a whale… more speed next time lol

as far as my half assed fix will take me on the beach :expressionless:

12 Likes

Down a board but still have one to ride on the dry days. Moar rides since my last post… :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

darkness chased me in on the 4th ride of the day… i’m askeered of the dark… scary things roam in the darkness

3 Likes

Went out for a night ride to practice carving and the techniques illustrated by @Saltyfingore. Really getting into a groove now, but my feet hurt. Also using the FF stance like @DerelictRobot has been advocating for a while for carving, works a treat.

4 Likes

Aka Posi-Posi or Freerider stance. But yeah, it’s game changing but it’s fucking ruined standard MTB bindings stance for me. Now I need bindings that are stanced like that.

3 Likes

esk8ed to the post office to mail some non-perishables a 40+lb. board is not the best tool for post office maneuvering

1 Like

now imagine if you will… the balancing app in VESC, as @someone or @ducktaperules or @magharees suggested… you hit activate “balance” on your remote… lift the front wheels the board “balances” and one-wheels on two wheels in front or behind you… simply slightly press the top to have the board proceed and then release to have the board independently stand quietly aside…

that’d bee keen!

2 Likes

Will try to adhere to R.E.D now that I have a board :v:

First real ride, manage to get a lot of confidence riding channels + flex deck, both new for me, obvious a lot to learn, but the elastomers dampers are stable as hell

Rode most on pavement, and a bit on grass, this things just goes without a worry, now it’s me that have to build confidence, will see if I can hit some dirt trails tomorrow

And look at that consumption, on 8” tires

8 Likes

The weather was a gorgeous 75° today. Perfect.

I used my body’s built in gimble for this lovely footage.

14 Likes

11 Likes

Rained a little on my parade this morning, but never fear, I went on my ride to work anyway.

5 Likes

Getting the hang of it, awesome to ride on the dirt, at the end I was flying through the trails and not giving a damn about roots, holes and all that

What impressed me most was on sand pockets, just take it slow, trigger fully pressed, keep the balance and let traction control do the work. Got stuck one or two times where it was really deep that the board stalled, but I have plenty of room to increase motor current. and if that doesn’t cut, this is the type of situation I want to make the single motor, integrated clutch, single motor front drive train

From this ride I think I can do 40 to 45 km on the dirt, will do my usual route to have a rating for pavement

The board is completely rattle free, even on really rough terrain, only noise is from the belts and motor, this last one particularly annoying do to the bearings being shot and vibrating near the top speed

Sorry not sorry for the photo dump, it was a beautiful day :grin:

13 Likes

That canal looks picture perfect to jump. Start practicing! Beautiful scenery.

9 Likes

Don’t give me ideas please :grin:

Will take some wider pictures next time, there isn’t much room to get speed on either side, and for now I’m comfortable not using bindings

2 Likes

Last ride before the rain…raining for two days now.
15 Likes

Don’t know what it is mate, but I love your ride videos.

2 Likes

oh man this board looks slick. iv’e been designing similar things for my own board and its the way forward, for sure.

1 Like

thx bruh, I’m really lovin’ this DIY esk8 thing.

2 Likes

Thanks

This is definitely my favorite board so far, the last one just a bit behind

No logs since I forgot. Took into the city for the first time following a friend os his bike, while it performs awesome in the dirt, it really shines on the streets due not having to worry about holes, cracks, poorly made repairs and all that

If wasn’t for the size this would be the perfect commuter

I think @malJohann setup is close, but we have to come up with a way to have everything on the board

Starting with the thickest ply Trampa offer, individual pockets for each cell, a compact ESC like MakerX

This would be restricted to a small battery pack, maybe a 2P at most

Route the deck through for every component, carbon fiber or fiber glass layer on top to close and individual 3D printed covers on the bottom, depending on the component thickness, maybe the “enclosure” would be at most 10 mm thick depending how thick the deck is

1 Like