R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

It was 67 degrees this afternoon and sunny. Couldn’t turn down an opportunity to ride. Plus I got a new helmet, so I had to try it out!

11 Likes

How did you like the Pass?

4 Likes

You are the only person I know to actually bald their bergs without a flat. WTF yo

4 Likes

I love the helmet. The fitment is great and I really appreciate how quiet it is.

You have the same exact helmet right? I seem to remember seeing you wear one. Do you like yours?

4 Likes

I have the newest version, they are different brands than the old Innova, they say haggy now. They are holding so far

6 Likes

Lucky you. I had the same ones and they went flat on me. I sent timo pics. He offered me replacements but opted to just get the 6x2s

Pic was taken back in Jan.

3 Likes

Looks great in the black/white/mirror finish.

2 Likes

I’ve been saving mine to stay nice, expecting my first real crash here any day now.

Really hoping I can make it until I get my armored setup.

Practice, and don’t say stupid shit like expecting to crash, because subconsciously you’re now looking for a crash.

1 Like

I’ve been very wary of the wobbles, which have gotten much worse on 90mm wheels vs 120mm foamies. Even small rocks and rough roads just make the rear truck start shaking…

I need to get on pummies asap, get the right size riptide bushings, take out the silicone risers, then see how it feels. Very much looking forward to not worrying as much about the road conditions.

1 Like

You should see the shit I carve on, wood chips, gravel, road gashes, twigs, you name it. Nummies rock, had I been on thane, I would have supermanned a long time ago.

3 Likes

I should make a ride video but I don’t have a camera. Could strap my phone to the board but I might be able to find an action camera to borrow.

How many mm of risers are we talking about here?

1 Like

The ones haggy sells think they are 6mm/1/4"

They are giving the while drivetrain a lot of slop so would be nice to go back to hard mounting.

1 Like

That is not too bad but elastic risers can lead to truck walking under power.
If you get speed wobbles while accelerating hard replace them with hard plastic.

2 Likes

This video at 2m45s I’m cruising over wood chips as thick as my thumb without a worry.

2 Likes

Sounds about right, I have not been able to punch it as hard. My top speed is back to a reasonable 32mph instead of a fun 40mph so the acceleration is much harder and making the trucks act up.

@malJohann damn like they aren’t even there! hope the TB160 handles them like that.

2 Likes

If you have a 3d printer then print some.

1 Like

I have some sector9 plastic risers I can use if I need. Right now I’m just blindly hoping I will be able to drop mount the hummie decks and still fit big wheels but I’ll use risers if not.

just going off this pic lol

2 Likes

How big of a wheel are you trying to install on your hummie?

1 Like