R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

watching that recovery was epic. I can’t believe you stayed on.

3 Likes

Heheheheh. That makes two of us :joy::joy:.

One more, longer, unfortunately energy wasn’t logged, working on why

5 Likes

Group ride in Irvine this morning.
5 Likes

I finished loop near 6 with @ahrav and @370HSSV. It’s talk like that will get me a speeding ticket. :+1:

3 Likes

I Gots a faster board next time around :eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll bring the first aid kit.

3 Likes

Touché :beers:. I was gonna say you can fill in for the first aid kit

1 Like

6 Likes

30mph ≈ 48km/h
39mph ≈ 63km/h
40.9mi ≈ 65.8km

8 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

I freaking love how much you ride bro. Those drives and motors are seeing some great use! That is so exiting to me. Love it when a build comes together and works really well. You still on the kaly drive with TB6380 motors?

3 Likes

42 miles range!!! Thats sweet, Brian :grinning: Awesome.
I bet your feet did hurt a lot after that ride, didnt they?
Which one of your boards took you through this ride?

2 Likes

Yes the feet hurt after that. My 10S10P did the dirty work on some TB110 72A

I did plug it in to charge when the Onewheel guys charged, but I guess one of them stepped on the cord because when I went back to get it later the charger was unplugged. Oh well, it’d have been a disaster if it’d happened to any of the other vehicles there :rofl: I actually made it without the charge :smirk: and then went on another big ride after they all went home :smirk: (all on the same charge)

At first it was me skating to the park

Then me + 35 Onewheels + 1 EUC + 1 ebike + 1 Evolve

Then me + 10 Onewheels + 1 ebike

Then me + 3 Onewheels

The just me again for a long time

The Evolve I only saw for like 5 minutes, not sure if he broke down and left, or what. Never even talked to him.

7 Likes

Ah yeah! Hahhaha, onewheelboostedevolve killer :joy: thats insane!
I was pretty sure you used your 10s10p board for that kind of ride :brain:
…There was a jelly onewheeler unplugging your board to cut your range i would say :japanese_ogre: that was NOT random! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes I’m still rocking the kaly drives and the TB6380 motors. I actually ride allot more then I put up here, Its my zen time. I’ve been having some connectivity issues lately so I’m super reluctant to group ride again.

I really like how loud the board is it keeps people aware that I am somewhere.

2 Likes

Did some pretty gnarly off road scouting the edge of a crop looking for a way through for the weekend, no luck finding it

The ride was awesome, don’t know how I didn’t break a belt, lots of loose sand, did the Superman a few times when going fast and the sand suddenly got deep

I don’t trust these Metr numbers but for sure it’s my highest consumption ride so far, no way I took 549 Wh of a 10S5P, specially considering the end voltage was 34.8V, even counting with 30 Wh of regen

I guess the constant riding on sand slowly and the wheel locking lots of time made the current reading bad, and also there is a chance one side used more energy, since I have the legacy Metr I don’t have data on the second motor

Rides like this make me think again on 4WD, on the way back I had to walk up some hills with more loose sand

8 Likes

Oh yeah it’s a gamble going over a bit of sand. When it gets deep all of a sudden, it’s always

6 Likes