R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

Not really. Not at all.

1 Like

Whoever manufactured them followed whatever lacroix specified and the QC was completed. No loose magnet issues whatsoever.

I accidentally rode them hard enough on a belt that was too tight and the delrin hub pulley melted, not by a little bit, enough that I had to chisel it off the adjacent surfaces. The motor was likely equally hot.

3 Likes

(New terrain, 43mph :man_shrugging:).

In cellphone dead zones, speeds can get screwy too with relive.

I literally play it by ear. Motor whine at 45 feels semi ok, 50 is nervous sweat, 53 is tunnel vision, survival instincts only.

(Edit, if I’m truly off by 10, then so be it. I wouldn’t like the idea of going faster than 43. :call_me_hand:)

7 Likes

Dope :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

3 Likes

the buzzing bees problem with the lacroix motors 6396 motors is from the can vibrating against the extra large can bearing it sits on. some people like it.

3 Likes

Evening events.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten so used to seeing your relives in deep SD with a ton of houses… This is kooler by far.

Looks like a nice lil route, wonder if you could get it under 5min around your block :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll be back… I’ve been itching to ride. I miss flying by traffic with the crew.

2 Likes

First test ride of the Hummie build reborn

I have to say its weird after riding in a Trampa deck on 8" for the last months, it feels dead and not fun, I remember the Caguamas being the smoothest thing ever and the Hummie with flex, now it feels like riding a plank in concrete wheels

Same thing happened after I tried pneumatics for the first time and told @rich it wasn’t fun because you couldn’t feel the road

11 Likes

Hummie deck is definitely stiffer than I’d like but I guess that’s the tradeoff for integrated electronics. I just don’t get the feels from it like I do my mtb.

8 Likes

Exactly that

And also, comparing the TB218 with Trampa on Elastomer dampers, you can’t compare the feeling

The elastomers are nice and always exercising a force, so the response to carving is kind off linear

The normal trucks feels like you have a huge range of free motion and only them the bushing start to push back

I don’t remember it feeling like this, I may have screwed something

4 Likes

From my experience the deck has a huge impact on the behaviour of the trucks. For example Trampa trucks with elastomere dampers on flexy Trampa deck are great. Carvy setup but also stable at speed. The same trucks on the stiff MBS DWII deck are very unstable and feel like trucks for kids.

On a flexy deck (especially Trampa which also twists) small body movements are not transferred to the trucks. The stiff DWII deck smallows nothing so I have to stand exactly centered on the board, small body movements lead to a curve. Also the Trampa trucks start to wobble at hard acceleration or too much speed off-road (same with MatrixII trucks and orange shock blocks). This never happened with the Trampa deck.

On the other side you have much more control (especially off-road) when riding a medium flex (not Trampa) or stiff deck because with small movements you can adjust or react very accurate which leads to less crashes in my case (but not with Trampa trucks).

Did you try the trucks on a more flexy deck?
I had the same feeling with elastomere dampers on the stiff deck. On the flexy deck the force was there.

You could use different bushings.

Edit: in my post I’m talking about riding with bindings, guess there is more difference between flexy and stiff deck in this case.

2 Likes

Interesting observations

I did not, only on the Hummie, my other deck is also stiff and way shorter

Will do more tests today

2 Likes

Death wobbles :joy:. Pro tip don’t hit the brake by mistake :man_shrugging:

Otherwise fun times :call_me_hand:
@fessyfoo @MarioChacon @Titoxd1000 @computers

Too lazy to tag any more peeps cuz typing :eyes::doughnut::doughnut::beers:

EDIT: this only half the ride cuz other half rode a diff board wiffff no metr

8 Likes

Those were some scary looking wobbles but looks like you broke the curse of one of us going down on this ride every weekend.

5 Likes

Pro tip noted

I wonder if someone caught it on video. Seems they’re is always someone there to catch the most embarrassing moments. Good thing you didn’t eat it

2 Likes

Had it been any other ride I would’ve bailed for surezzz… but that care was so closeeee :hot_face:

1 Like

Small mostly chores run

those fuckers missed me. Came out of the store and saw them.

i also basically rammed small child with my shopping cart.
It ran around and ran through a small path, little did he know that i was walking on the other side. He came out of it and i T-boned him. It was like kicking a ball and feeling the rebound.

9 Likes

That would have been bad

2 Likes