R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

So lets talk about the FS 6384s… Dayummm! I got a set off @A13XR3 last week and just got around to a test ride… I hit the 2 biggest hills in my area and literally fucking crushed them all the way to the top… With no fade in power in sight.
Now i can’t tell if the only factor is that my balls are bigger now or also the fact I bump the motor amps from 60 to 80… The battery max didnt change as its set for 80a max… Just that i kept my maytech 6374s at 60a based on their ratings…

With that said I initially kept the motor amps at 60 to start to see what immediate feel was like upgrading motor size… I found the 6384s more sluggish off the line vs the 74s which was why I bumped up the value…

Either way buttery smooth power…

Top speed 37 UPHILL? What?

6 Likes

Haha! Welcome to to big motors club :sunglasses: you can actually run those 6384s as high as 100 motors amps…i dare you

3 Likes

it fells like when I upped from 55s to my 74s… more consistent pull… even if i bump to 100a for fun the battery is capped at 80a so wheres that extra “fun” comin from? =P

At less than maximum speed you will still feel the bump

3 Likes

Even tho your battery is only supplying 80 amps. The way electirical current saturates the stator, you motor will more often then not retain more current then your battery current setting.

2 Likes

Zoomed with the neighbor today. So much more autumn every day.

Only hit 66 kph today.

9 Likes

“only”

7 Likes

Probably killed a snake today, was riding on the woods, no trail, and there it was, only saw it when it was half a meter, I was really slow but didn’t know what to do, I don’t have reverse enabled and if I didn’t want to find if it was friendly lol, just gunned, snake was around a meter long

Hopefully it is ok, is was a layer of soft sand with lots of leaves above

14 Likes

Family circus much? I’ve only skated once for 4+ hrs and hit the 50mi range and my body hurt. I was totally smoked. :ok_hand:

What battery was this on?

1 Like

2 Likes

It was my 10S10P (Panasonic NCR18650PF) on TB110

Ran it down to 31.0V

1 Like

Hell yeah dude! That ride looks like a blast! How’s the battery treating you?

1 Like

So far so great! I want to try a range test on the bike path but don’t know if I can bring myself to do a low speed run on this board, it’s so fun.

My neighbor was on my old 10s5p 30q board yesterday (8" street wheels vs my 9" offroad wide boys and slightly lower gearing) and he was almost dead while I was still obnoxiously flying through my neighborhood. The whole ride I was blasting around and offroading through some nasty shit and had no issues or lack of fun.

Thank you again dude!

3 Likes

This makes me so happy to hear :smiley: That board is so sick and I’m super jealous of it :sob:

You are absolutely welcome (for the tiny roll I got to play in your amazing build :wink:)

2 Likes

Ride with the wife, exploring Santa Cruz. Lazy riding, which resulted in absolutely amazing consumption with Bergs. 50psi pressure. @Boardnamics belt drive motor mounts with idlers, 1:4 ratio and 2x 6380 motors.

7 Likes

Domestic early night run. Good nights.

8 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s starting to get cold here too. Just a few days here and there so far – but I’m sure it’s going to be freezing balls in short order.

1 Like

First ride with my mtb in 2 months.

7 Likes