R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

I want to ride the most when the weather won’t let me! Hope it clears up for you soon

5 Likes

same here…

3 Likes

lol.

Did a short run to the grocery store and the Garden to water my vegetables.

I usually put my board inside the shopping cart and turn off the remote (obviously) This time i didn’t. I recently upgraded my ESC which came with an upgraded remote where to wheel is more touchy.

When putting the stuff into my cart i put it on my board for easy access. Long story short, i walked around the corner to look for something or heard some rumbling and smashing. It was my board which did a 180° turn and launched all the stuff it had on it into the air like a slingshot or catapult. Everything landed on the ground, some things smashed and some liquid containers broke. Whoops.

This is how i put my board with the stuff on top:

and this is how i came back to it with the goods gone

8 Likes

Shit ride today. Was riding with my daughter so not pushing it hard. Mad faults and realized the new ESCapes are fine until I hit a hill. Got Over Temp Fet faults and a hundred or so unbalanced current faults. All three hills I have hit so far have caused the power to fall on its face. Hit the hills a ton before the esc swap.

Nursing it home.

5 Likes

dude what :smiley:

4 Likes

First 2 rides on my second new build: Trampa deck, Vertigo trucks, Superstar hubs, 8-inch Mud-Plugger tyres, FatBoy Mini Eco AT Gear Drive V2, 12S6P P42A, Unity, and MBS F5 bindings. Sorry, haven’t created the build thread yet.

First ride, felt really weird using the bindings and I didn’t feel as safe going “fast” as in the Evo since I didn’t adjust properly the springs. Besides that, I was stupid enough to not secure the remote receiver properly so when I went a bit off-road, the vibrations must have moved the connector a bit. That made the board go fast and brake intermittently and I crashed. I know, stupid mistake. The good thing is that I had some tools with me so I could secure the remote receiver better, and the rest of the ride went better. Still, haven’t felt confident enough.

Second ride went mostly off-road. Still not comfortable using the bindings. Crashed again because I tried to brake to avoid a huge hole and they locked. Board went one way and I went the other, except my right foot which was still in the binding.

TLDR: thought that a MTB with bindings was an excellent idea. 100% crash rate. Not feeling safe with bindings.

8 Likes

I love a good shopping on an esk8 fail story!!!

Here’s one of mine.

go into the quicky mart to get a tall-boy

kick push the board off the ramp all k00l-like, flip the puck into my hand like a boss, nail the throttle…

BAMMMM

kook ejection… I had the remote flipped and hit full-brakes braced for acceleration…

at least the bums and hobos appeared amused…

10 Likes

Similar story. After upgrading esc i noticed after the fact that the motors spin in the wrong direction (of course only after i finished soldering, clipping the mr60 caps on, tugged everything away and closed the enclosure.)

I didn’t notice it before because the hubs were flipped so they “turned in the right direction”

If i want to ride forward, i have to go in reverse. Silly me forgot to switch direction, stepped on the board and full throttled like always only to have the board shoot behind me and throwing me off.

6 Likes

Made it to Maryhill! 620 miles later just to get here during peak heat @99°F in the shade :hot_face:

Could only get two runs in before I was completely drenched in sweat and about to pass out. Not to mention the board on the cusp of combustion. Here’s the log from second run up the hill. Didn’t want to go too hard as I’m out here all alone…

12 Likes

4 Likes

Captured half of a mellow Tabor run.

9 Likes

So today was kinda special.
A four ride day.
That is pretty rare.

It was a gorgeous sunny, but not too hot day.

First off was a lunch break ride on the Haero.
16 miler.

Then right after work I went out on the Rayne Crush. Which is finally in good shape.
15 miler.
Freshies!!!

So I text the wife who is out with the kids to tell her I’m heading out for a ride.
She calls and tells me the city just paved this stretch of road that was on her way.

This is not a spot I usually hit so I might have never seen it.

So fresh and sooooo good.

Then after dinner a neighbor walks by and tells me the new trail is open…
This is pretty cool because it is an alternative way to head towards campus and downtown. And it is a sweet little trail.

So I took the Haero down there for a 6 miler.

Finally at 10 the kids are settled down I took the Coyote out on the town for a 12 miler.

It is kind of a trip going from the giant ultra comfortable Haero. To the tiny single drive death trap Coyote

But I have really been having fun with the Coyote.

A cat ran across the street in front of my and was like a foot away from my board so that was a good scare.

I took the new trail on my back to my neighborhood and being in total dark is freaky even with the sredlights.

14 Likes

Dude, helluva run & log. Well done

5 Likes

Forgot to upload my ride yesterday. :rofl: Promise I really wanted to. :call_me_hand:t2: Won’t be logging rides for a while, but will sure be trawling this thread you fuckers! Love all’y’all.:fu:t2:

2 Likes

Standard everyday ride. Evolve 6" hubs and tires. I do notice something different either more torque or faster acceleration

3 Likes

no big ride today… just a fast trip to the qwiky-mart to pick up a 12 pack of PBR… people look at you a little differently carrying a half-rack of beer on an esk8

7 Likes

I’m back bitches :crazy_face:

First real spin on the eloftys, just a casual cruise to secure some snacks, and drop off a package :slight_smile:

Stupid Strava reported me at nearly 30mph… Definitely wrong :joy:

9 Likes

Man, i went on my first group ride this year ( just me and my buddy :smiley:)

We went to a new place which is know to be a downhill/longboard ride.

We started moving and had to use the throttle for about 800m (.5 miles) until we got to the magic spot.

4km (2.5 miles) of pure freerolling with about 20-30km/h (12.5 - 18.5mph)

Almost perfect asphalt. I even made a video that I might upload later.

11 Likes

I can’t wait to get a Metr to see my consumption because I went out for a ride in town with my Trampa and from smashing the throttle after every stop sign and red light I drained a 12s8p in 8-9 miles…

It usually last 25-30 miles :rofl:

7 Likes

5 Likes