Questions for Trampa

We are back on Monday, yes.

1 Like

When do we get USB updating on the wand?

Is there any reason why the trucks mounting bolts are different in some versions of the holypro deck?
On some deck the mounting screws on the top are a bit wider than normal skate trucks, but on other decks, the holes just match the ones on a skate truck.
And if I have the wider screws, is it fine to drill new holes to mount the trucks on a skateboard baseplate form factor, as I want to mount an accessory (thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking).

1 Like

There is a reason. It has to do with multiple factors hard to explain in a short answer.
Feel free to drill additional holes if needed.
You can also use the skate pattern.

Question about the 9ā€ mudpluggers, will these + the megastar rims be compatible with the wheel pulleys from diyelectricskateboards? 72 tooth pulley ms which i run with 12 or 13 tooth motor pulleys.

Iā€™m just not sure the pulleys bolt pattern will fit to the megastar rims or not. Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks in advance! @Trampa

If the pulley fits Superstars, yes.

Thank you, ordering up a pair.

what studs do you recommend for the mud-pluggers ? @Trampa

You need to try some out. We made big round knobs to allow the use of screw in studs.
There are so many different types of studs for bicycles available today.

You got pictures of them installed?

For this it would be good to know how deep the profile is. Good studs need min 8-9mm screw in length. Would that be possible?

Any updates on when you will have helical cut gears for the spur drive?

2 Likes

Also how about that usb update for the wandā€¦

2 Likes

i think iā€™d prefer a website that works properly.

2 Likes

They already exist for a couple of months if I am not mistaken, see https://trampaboards.com/spur-gear-drive-58-tooth-helical-slave-pulley-p-26277.html (but sold out it seems)

2 Likes

You mean the ones for sale right here?

1 Like

The helical gears dropped sometime prior to Dec 2019. They mesh very nicely and are pretty quiet and feel awesome (no backlash). The 5.8:1 ratio maxed me out around 32mph @ 6ā€™ tall and 195lbs with a 13s5p samsung 25r batt. on 9" primos. Very plush setup, Trampa did a great job on them.

Iā€™ve since moved to a 5:1 straight cut 3dservisas with dual 6396 for even more power and torque.
Currently swapping my 13s5p for a 12s8p with samsung 40t so I can increase the motor amps further. They are louder, have a bit of backlash, and are more raw feeling, but Iā€™m enjoying the shit out of them.

2 Likes

@Trampa Will you release a single unit version of the dual VESC you recently posted? I cant even find the dual on your websiteā€¦ so maybe its just not up yet?

1 Like

I think the two xt60 inputs are weird. We need more info.

2 Likes

This is my first time looking at this thread. First post, about the websiteā€¦ this is what it always reminds me of:

5 Likes