Push fit pulley options - a guide

Get a socket that matches the size or the outer race of your bearing. Pop the bearing in the freezer for 10 mins and then tap it in. Tap tap tap it in.

3 Likes

Share as in not overtightening any one of the nut over the rest is it?

I tighten them up until i feel a resistance and then go around tightening all 5 bolt a little bit more so I guess that’s even?

If anyone has an extra BKB kegel pulley, lmk

Tested out on a 20 km ride yesterday and none of the bolt/nut came loose so I believe it’s all good :+1:

2 Likes

There may be another option comeing soon!

1 Like

which pulley to buy for these wheels?

1 Like

The wheels you have are classified as clone abec wheels so you need pulleys that fit clone abec wheels.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! I will look for where to buy.

1 Like

@BuildKitBoards

Just to confirm the only thing keeping the pulley on the wheel is friction, right? Friction inside the hub and friction between the pulley and the bearing.
There isn’t an inner lip inside the pulley that the bearing can grab onto?

If you need for 12mm belts : https://whooshboards.com/product/wheel-pulley-36t-for-flywheel-style-wheels/

1 Like

I’m aware they share a bearing. But that’s exactly my point; nothing is keeping it together aside from friction while other press fit pulley options such as Haggy, 3DServisas, etc have either flanged bearings or integrated bearings. I’ve had my BKB pulleys come off during a ride and their response was to add loctite between the bearing and the inside of the pulley

1 Like

I was under the impression that the bearing was flanged to lock to the wheel when tightened against the hanger. Not the case? I’m out.

1 Like

@Dareno that’s not the case and that’s why I’m working on this-

1 Like

Looks good but why don’t you just incorporate a bearing seat into the pulley so standard 608’s work? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Because then it won’t fit in standard cal 'll trucks without modification.

1 Like

why? My bolt ons on 218’s have to be spaced to fit 6374 motors and to do it I use a standard spacer and an inner race from a bearing. Is the axle shorter on the cal11? Thought they had extended axles. If you don’t mind me saying why are you designing for the caliber trucks? Not the best option anymore really.

1 Like

Tb218 have longer Axel’s then cal ll and if they work for caliber then they work for all trucks with 8mm axles. And I may even be able to make them fit 10mm axles.

2 Likes