Pucking Positions

That I can understand. Anyways, that is not that big of a deal, it won’t prevent me to buy one.

1 Like

I thought that there was a recent firmware update that makes the puck display SoC?

Yea, here’s the youtube video for how to do the FW update.

Can the LEDs be individually controlled though? It would be cool if the SoC indication lit only the LEDs in correlation to the battery percentage (75-100% = Blue and all LED, 50-75% = Green and only the bottom 3 LEDs on both sides, etc)

1 Like

It’s the remote battery level that is shown right?

2 Likes

Ah I misunderstood. You meant the battery level of the board’s battery of course. Yea, that’s just for the SoC of the remote as far as I know.

1 Like

Since this topic has come up, I was wondering about something: I remember someone posting the schematics showing the dimensions of the Puck. Does anyone have that? I couldn’t find it via a search.

Edit: @JJHoyt maybe you posted it before? Do you have that? I just want to know the general dimensions so I can make a small mock-up to see if it fits my hand.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no.

2 Likes

Correct. Puck communicates only one way, to the board.

2 Likes

@JJHoyt Wouldn’t it be better if you could charge it while standing upright in its own?

Just Pucking with you😜.

1 Like

@malJohann That’s actually not too comfortable for me…

I also forgot my fucking thumbs are double jointed :man_facepalming:

Sorry but since i can twist my thumb all the way around, my grip opinion helps no one.

This is my one time with the Hoyte remote; one of the early models without grip tape on the sides. Too slippery

Constantly I was trying to not drop it from my gloved hand. A couple times it kinda slides out and I hit the throttle or brake accidentally… I have not tried it but I think the griptape fixes that problem a bit. I found tucking the pinky under it worked fairly well, but perhaps the ring finger would hold it better.

It has a nice throttle though

1 Like

Width: 70mm
Height: 65mm
Thickness: 25mm at side and 30mm at center.

1 Like

I don’t believe we ever shipped any without grip. Must have been someone who preferred without grip and peeled it off.

Maybe; I’m not sure. I thought the first ones were grip-less. I could be wrong :slight_smile:

I have half a mind to get a nylon puck just to have one myself and give it time to adapt from trigger remotes. Maybe I’d grow to like the shape! And I do believe it’s a nice remote. Just maybe not for me. Like how I prefer pie over cake.

2 Likes

I’ve been happy with my TPU printed Puck sleeve making much easier to hold with just the fingers.

For those that asked for the stl file, here it is:
puck’n’cover.stl (119.6 KB)

I print with Sainsmart TPU, which is 95A and has great layer adhesion. The fit is ultrasnug, so once you insert the puck, you’ll only get it out by cuttting the puck’n’cover.

4 Likes

Hey, that’s awesome!

I have yet to put mine in a board, following this thread and excited about different grip solutions. Just trying it outnon the bench, I do feel it slips a bit when I put a wrist guard on, I kinda have to give it the “eagle claw”

1 Like

Much better. Less chance of me losing my position on the throttle now.

11 Likes

got both printed, haven’t had a chance to install yet, looking good :+1:

1 Like

winner winner chicken dinner
thanks @Fosterqc

4 Likes

Hey, just printed your wheel, it really helps getting more control, especially with gloves.
I always had troubles finding a hand position that allowed precise acceleration and braking
Thanks man :wink:

@JJHoyt Would you considere designing/making replacement wheels ? That could be a not too pricy fix for people having troubles with the remote shape. Just a nice knob (like the one on @Fosterqc design ) really helps a lot, gives more range on the wheel and more leverage over the spring.

1 Like

Gonna have to stick to 3D printed version for now. Got a full plate.

5 Likes