Pucking Positions

Now that I have your attention,
How do you hold your Hoyt Puck?
Is it comfortable?
Is it straining?
Do you need to adjust hand position when transitioning from accel to brake and brake to accel?

I’ve had the Puck for a week now, and I can’t seem to get comfortable holding it, I have a medium sized hand, on the beefy side. Keeping a constant throttle position is straining, if im holding it to get comfortable reach on accel, I don’t have full reach on brake and same the other way around.
I thought about adding a nub to the wheel for easier reach in both directions. Anybody make any usability mods yet?

10 Likes

Same dude. Only been using one for a month or so now and I can’t get comfortable with it. Nub on the wheel is exactly what I was thinking to help out. Thinking of just using sugru until I’m good enough at design to be able to 3d print something.

I feel your pain…

8 Likes

maybe @JJHoyt has a cad of the original? would be easy to mod from there :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think I hold mine a bit weird but it seems work. I’ve moved my ring finger kinda to the bottom of the puck. Holding it normal was weird for me too.

Prob not supposed to be held like this but with gloves it does the trick.

4 Likes

I have not tried that position yet, does feel a bit better just holding it, will go for a ride later and try it like this :+1:

2 Likes

Wasn’t someone making a 3d printed hoyt shell more in line with regular thumb wheel remotes… might be better off swapping shells than getting used to uncomfortableness.

1 Like

what throttle spring are you using? the one that came with mine was pretty stiff, made it hard to operate. got a .35g spring and it feels better, but I haven’t ridden the board yet :disappointed_relieved:

I’m using the original spring, I also wanna try a weaker one, definitely too much return force

CAD of what…the throttle or the shell?

1 Like

the throttle

Mold some suguru on the front grip does wonders.

indeed we do.

3 Likes

could you share it?

yeah, why not? so its 2 pieces though. the exposed aluminum scroll and the internal plastic pin part. you want just the scroll? if you’re planning to 3D print, I’d recommend just the scroll.

16 Likes

yeah that sounds fine, many thanks

1 Like

You’re awesome dude

8 Likes

The puck pretty much fits no matter how I hold it, but I was playing around with it a bit and holding it like this definitely gives you more free range w/ your thumb. Turns the movement more into a side to side than rolling your thumb straight out. Basically just turned the thing out of my palm a bit and wrap my first knuckle around it. Definitely makes it feel smaller in hand, might transfer to those w/ smaller mitts?

2 Likes

hmm that feels more straining for me

Hmmm, yeah, I can literally just hold it in my fingers, giving me all sorts of range of motions for my thumb. Guess I’ll just butt out of here while you ppl w/ small hands figure it out.

I am curious though, if you guys have heard this feedback before and thought about making a smaller puck or even a different form factor remote @JJHoyt?

3 Likes

I have only ridden with mine twice but that was the position I immediately went to and it felt good. I guess I didn’t know any better that I wasn’t supposed to. I took this picture before this question.

4 Likes