Puck, Puck, Bruce! - A Remixed Hoyt St Electric Puck Remote Control

Hey people! Wanted to share a recent project we’ve been working on- actually a collaboration project with our friends @JJHoyt & Pete- the manufacturers of the beloved Puck Remote Control!

Happy to share the Puck, Puck, Bruce! Remote project- this is a remixed shell design based on the OSRR Bruce design. There was a lot of iterative design & feedback with community members who graciously printed out design primitives to give input to make this remote work out great for a wide range of hand sizes. It looks a bit weird at first- but there are a number of folks who can attest to the ergonomics & grip/homing afforded with this design.

These are professionally printed out of MultiJet Fusion Nylon- the good stuff.

Want one? Cool! Couple of options:

If you want to buy the entire Puck Puck Bruce remote, pre-assembled & ready to go: https://derelictrobot.com/…/puck-puck-bruce-remote-control

If you own a Puck remote already AND a 3d printer , and want to upgrade your existing remote:

As part of our open source mission, we’ve published all relevant 3D Shell Models under a CC-BY-SA 4.0 Intl OS License- all the design revisions are available free for anyone to print, use, or remix however they see fit. They can be found here on our GitHub:

If you just own a Puck Remote and would like to purchase a Puck Puck, Bruce Mod Shell Kit, you can do so here:

https://derelictrobot.com/…/puck-puck-bruce-mod-shell-set

Please let me know if you have any questions! We have the option to do custom orders for custom color schemes (at additional cost + lead time), please PM me for details. Cheers!

PS- If you’d like to check out the design & iteration process, read more here: https://forum.freesk8.org/t/puck-puck-bruce/265/1

Bonus custom Pink & Black:

(custom colors are possible via special order, PM for details)

34 Likes

Do you have a bundle with a receiver?

1 Like

Yessir! Check the drop-down on the product page for options.

4 Likes

Hands down my favorite remote ever until the release of the OG Bruce

5 Likes

@Jujo was the real MVP for putting in countless printing hours, printing/donating shells to local homies, & giving feedback on this design :wink:

That was a quick 30 days

8 Likes

Do you think the guys at Hoyt would be down to make a bamboo/wood version of this? It looks dope

6 Likes

It has indeed been discussed. We have our hands full at the moment but def something to consider as we move forward. Stay tuned!

8 Likes

I’m trying to get my 2 toned look just right on mine

6 Likes

I will keep my eye out!

2 Likes

Can’t wait till mine shows up! Everyone can stop shamming my love of the nano now.

6 Likes

thanks for the opportunity to own one of these, I was looking at the puck but the round shape had me worried about it moving around in my hand, after seeing this one I jumped on the chance to purchase, thanks again can’t wait to test it out.

1 Like

PPB Mod Shell kits Batch 2 have sold out!

Production for a 3rd batch of MultiJet Fusion Nylon PPB Shells was started today.

4 Likes

This mod is kind of awesome.

4 Likes

@DRI Put me on the list for the batch 3 shells. Fluck remote feels pretty good compared to Puck

1 Like

Do you need meaty mitts to hold this? It looks like its way bigger than my fist

1 Like

it’s mostly tight around the original Hoyt internals.

3 Likes

I’ve got them small dick hands, the Bruce Puck feels great :+1:

3 Likes

9 Likes

It is slimmer than the puck, and the backside of it slopes more with your hand.

Circumference wise the middle finger protrusion is larger than the puck.

Two things- gloved hand vs ungloved hand is quite different. These were designed around gloved hands.

For anyone who feels that this design might actually be too small, we have a simple TPU printed sleeve that pops right on and makes the grip just a bit larger.

2 Likes

@Mikenopolis you rock! Thanks for the test print comparison!

Will do! Production is already started on that 3rd run, just waiting until they give me a shipping notification before I open orders on that batch.

1 Like